Karect: accurate correction of substitution, insertion and deletion errors for next-generation sequencing data
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/567063
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMotivation: Next-generation sequencing generates large amounts of data affected by errors in the form of substitutions, insertions or deletions of bases. Error correction based on the high-coverage information, typically improves de novo assembly. Most existing tools can correct substitution errors only; some support insertions and deletions, but accuracy in many cases is low. Results: We present Karect, a novel error correction technique based on multiple alignment. Our approach supports substitution, insertion and deletion errors. It can handle non-uniform coverage as well as moderately covered areas of the sequenced genome. Experiments with data from Illumina, 454 FLX and Ion Torrent sequencing machines demonstrate that Karect is more accurate than previous methods, both in terms of correcting individual-bases errors (up to 10% increase in accuracy gain) and post de novo assembly quality (up to 10% increase in NGA50). We also introduce an improved framework for evaluating the quality of error correction.
CitationKarect: accurate correction of substitution, insertion and deletion errors for next-generation sequencing data 2015:btv415 Bioinformatics
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
- Fiona: a parallel and automatic strategy for read error correction.
- Authors: Schulz MH, Weese D, Holtgrewe M, Dimitrova V, Niu S, Reinert K, Richard H
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 1
- ACE: accurate correction of errors using K-mer tries.
- Authors: Sheikhizadeh S, de Ridder D
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 1
- Blue: correcting sequencing errors using consensus and context.
- Authors: Greenfield P, Duesing K, Papanicolaou A, Bauer DC
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- BFC: correcting Illumina sequencing errors.
- Authors: Li H
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 1
- Comparison of error correction algorithms for Ion Torrent PGM data: application to hepatitis B virus.
- Authors: Song L, Huang W, Kang J, Huang Y, Ren H, Ding K
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 14