KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-08-12
Print Publication Date2015-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/567056
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis review summarizes usage of genome-editing technologies for metagenomic studies; these studies are used to retrieve and modify valuable microorganisms for production, particularly in marine metagenomics. Organisms may be cultivable or uncultivable. Metagenomics is providing especially valuable information for uncultivable samples. The novel genes, pathways and genomes can be deducted. Therefore, metagenomics, particularly genome engineering and system biology, allows for the enhancement of biological and chemical producers and the creation of novel bioresources. With natural resources rapidly depleting, genomics may be an effective way to efficiently produce quantities of known and novel foods, livestock feed, fuels, pharmaceuticals and fine or bulk chemicals.
CitationMarine metagenomics as a source for bioprospecting 2015 Marine Genomics
- Metagenomic approach in the investigation of new bioactive compounds in the marine environment.
- Authors: Felczykowska A, Bloch SK, Nejman-Faleńczyk B, Barańska S
- Issue date: 2012
- Metagenomics Approaches in Discovery and Development of New Bioactive Compounds from Marine Actinomycetes.
- Authors: Mahapatra GP, Raman S, Nayak S, Gouda S, Das G, Patra JK
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Future Directions of Marine Myxobacterial Natural Product Discovery Inferred from Metagenomics.
- Authors: Garcia R, La Clair JJ, Müller R
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 29
- Integrated (Meta) Genomic and Synthetic Biology Approaches to Develop New Biocatalysts.
- Authors: Parages ML, Gutiérrez-Barranquero JA, Reen FJ, Dobson AD, O'Gara F
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 21
- Genomic approaches in marine biodiversity and aquaculture.
- Authors: Huete-Pérez JA, Quezada F
- Issue date: 2013