Polymethylene-based copolymers by polyhomologation or by its combination with controlled/living and living polymerizations
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory
Online Publication Date2014-01-20
Print Publication Date2014-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/566018
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPolyhomologation, recently developed by Shea, is a borane-initiated living polymerization of ylides leading to linear polymethylenes (C1 polymerization) with controlled molecular weight, low polydispersity, and well-defined structures. In this Review, the copolyhomologation of different ylides as well as the combination of polyhomologation with controlled/living (nitroxide-mediated, atom transfer radical, reversible addition-fragmentation chain-transfer) and living (ring opening, anionic) polymerizations is discussed. Polyhomologation of ylides, in combination with living and controlled/living polymerizations, leads to a plethora novel well-defined polymethylene (polyethylene)-based polymeric materials, which are very important for understanding/improving the behavior of industrial polyethylenes. © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Polyhomologation. A living C1 polymerization.
- Authors: Luo J, Shea KJ
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 16
- New Strategy Targeting Well-Defined Polymethylene-block-Polystyrene Copolymers: The Combination of Living Polymerization of Ylides and Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization.
- Authors: Chen JZ, Cui K, Zhang SY, Xie P, Zhao QL, Huang J, Shi LP, Li GY, Ma Z
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 1
- Stereoblock copolymers and tacticity control in controlled/living radical polymerization.
- Authors: Lutz JF, Neugebauer D, Matyjaszewski K
- Issue date: 2003 Jun 11
- Polyhomologation: Synthesis of Novel Polymethylene Architectures by a Living Polymerization of Dimethylsulfoxonium Methylide.
- Authors: Shea KJ, Busch BB, Paz MM
- Issue date: 1998 Jun 5
- Facile Synthesis of Multiblock Copolymers Containing Sequence-Controlled Peptides and Well-Defined Vinyl Polymers by Nitroxide-Mediated Polymerization.
- Authors: Nishimura SN, Higashi N, Koga T
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 26