Hydrophobic Light-to-Heat Conversion Membranes with Self-Healing Ability for Interfacial Solar Heating
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Water Desalination and Reuse Research Center (WDRC)
Environmental Science and Engineering Program
Online Publication Date2015-07-17
Print Publication Date2015-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/565984
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSelf-healing hydrophobic light-to-heat conversion membranes for interfacial solar heating are fabricated by deposition of light-to-heat conversion material of polypyrrole onto porous stainless steel mesh, followed by hydrophobic fluoroalkylsilane modification. The mesh-based membranes spontaneously stay at the water–air interface, collect and convert solar light into heat, and locally heat only the water surface for an enhanced evaporation.
CitationZhang, L., Tang, B., Wu, J., Li, R., & Wang, P. (2015). Hydrophobic Light-to-Heat Conversion Membranes with Self-Healing Ability for Interfacial Solar Heating. Advanced Materials, 27(33), 4889–4894. doi:10.1002/adma.201502362
- n-Alkanoic acid monolayers on 316L stainless steel promote the adhesion of electropolymerized polypyrrole films.
- Authors: Shustak G, Domb AJ, Mandler D
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 6
- Stable underwater superoleophobic and low adhesive polypyrrole nanowire mesh in highly corrosive environments.
- Authors: Teng C, Wang S, Lu X, Wang J, Ren G, Zhu Y, Jiang L
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 7
- One-step fabrication of membraneless microbial fuel cell cathode by electropolymerization of polypyrrole onto stainless steel mesh.
- Authors: Feng C, Wan Q, Lv Z, Yue X, Chen Y, Wei C
- Issue date: 2011 May 15
- Airflow Enhanced Solar Evaporation Based on Janus Graphene Membranes with Stable Interfacial Floatability.
- Authors: Han DD, Chen ZD, Li JC, Mao JW, Jiao ZZ, Wang W, Zhang W, Zhang YL, Sun HB
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 3
- Perfluorocarbon thin films and polymer brushes on stainless steel 316 L for the control of interfacial properties.
- Authors: Kruszewski KM, Gawalt ES
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 5