A Flexible, Stretchable and Shape-Adaptive Approach for Versatile Energy Conversion and Self-Powered Biomedical Monitoring
AuthorsYang, Po Kang
Pradel, Ken C.
Wu, Chih I.
Wang, Zhong Lin
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Nano Energy Lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/565940
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA flexible triboelectric nanogenerator (FTENG) based on wavy-structured Kapton film and a serpentine electrode on stretchable substrates is presented. The as-fabricated FTENG is capable of harvesting ambient mechanical energy via both compressive and stretching modes. Moreover, the FTENG can be a bendable power source to work on curved surfaces; it can also be adaptively attached onto human skin for monitoring gentle body motions. © 2015 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Triboelectric nanogenerators as new energy technology for self-powered systems and as active mechanical and chemical sensors.
- Authors: Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 26
- Highly Stretchable 2D Fabrics for Wearable Triboelectric Nanogenerator under Harsh Environments.
- Authors: Kim KN, Chun J, Kim JW, Lee KY, Park JU, Kim SW, Wang ZL, Baik JM
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 23
- A Stretchable and Transparent Nanocomposite Nanogenerator for Self-Powered Physiological Monitoring.
- Authors: Chen X, Parida K, Wang J, Xiong J, Lin MF, Shao J, Lee PS
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 6
- A Stretchable Yarn Embedded Triboelectric Nanogenerator as Electronic Skin for Biomechanical Energy Harvesting and Multifunctional Pressure Sensing.
- Authors: Dong K, Wu Z, Deng J, Wang AC, Zou H, Chen C, Hu D, Gu B, Sun B, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- A highly shape-adaptive, stretchable design based on conductive liquid for energy harvesting and self-powered biomechanical monitoring.
- Authors: Yi F, Wang X, Niu S, Li S, Yin Y, Dai K, Zhang G, Lin L, Wen Z, Guo H, Wang J, Yeh MH, Zi Y, Liao Q, You Z, Zhang Y, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2016 Jun