Rational design of binder-free noble metal/metal oxide arrays with nanocauliflower structure for wide linear range nonenzymatic glucose detection
KAUST DepartmentWater Desalination and Reuse Research Center (WDRC)
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOne-dimensional nanocomposites of metal-oxide and noble metal were expected to present superior performance for nonenzymatic glucose detection due to its good conductivity and high catalytic activity inherited from noble metal and metal oxide respectively. As a proof of concept, we synthesized gold and copper oxide (Au/CuO) composite with unique one-dimensional nanocauliflowers structure. Due to the nature of the synthesis method, no any foreign binder was needed in keeping either Au or CuO in place. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first attempt in combining metal oxide and noble metal in a binder-free style for fabricating nonenzymatic glucose sensor. The Au/CuO nanocauliflowers with large electrochemical active surface and high electrolyte contact area would promise a wide linear range and high sensitive detection of glucose with good stability and reproducibility due to its good electrical conductivity of Au and high electrocatalytic activity of CuO.
CitationRational design of binder-free noble metal/metal oxide arrays with nanocauliflower structure for wide linear range nonenzymatic glucose detection 2015, 5:10617 Scientific Reports
PublisherNature Publishing Group
- A high-performance nonenzymatic glucose sensor made of CuO-SWCNT nanocomposites.
- Authors: Quoc Dung N, Patil D, Jung H, Kim D
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15
- Sensitive electrochemical nonenzymatic glucose sensing based on anodized CuO nanowires on three-dimensional porous copper foam.
- Authors: Li Z, Chen Y, Xin Y, Zhang Z
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 2
- Highly sensitive nonenzymatic glucose sensor based on electrospun copper oxide-doped nickel oxide composite microfibers.
- Authors: Cao F, Guo S, Ma H, Yang G, Yang S, Gong J
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 30
- Synthesis of graphene oxide based CuO nanoparticles composite electrode for highly enhanced nonenzymatic glucose detection.
- Authors: Song J, Xu L, Zhou C, Xing R, Dai Q, Liu D, Song H
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 26
- Nonenzymatic glucose sensor based on CuO microfibers composed of CuO nanoparticles.
- Authors: Cao F, Gong J
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 20