Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on gold nanotrenches and nanoholes
Wong, Ka Chun
Syed, Ahad A.
KAUST DepartmentImaging and Characterization Core Lab
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Computer Science Program
Advanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDependent effects on edge-to-edge distance and incidence polarization in surface-enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS) were studied in detection of 4-mercaptopyridine (4-MPy) molecules absorbed on gold nanotrenches and nanoholes. The gold nanostructures with controllable size and period were fabricated using electron-beam lithography. Large SERS enhancement in detection of 4-MPy molecules on both nanostructred substrates was observed. The SERS enhancement increased exponentially with decrease of edge to-edge distance for both the nanotrenches and nanoholes while keeping the sizes of the nanotrenches and nanoholes unchanged. Investigation of polarization dependence showed that the SERS enhancement of nanotrenches was much more sensitive to the incidence polarizations than that of nanoholes. © 2012 American Scientific Publishers.
PublisherAmerican Scientific Publishers
- Inverted size-dependence of surface-enhanced Raman scattering on gold nanohole and nanodisk arrays.
- Authors: Yu Q, Guan P, Qin D, Golden G, Wallace PM
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Using polycarbonate membranes as templates for the preparation of Au nanostructures for surface-enhanced Raman scattering.
- Authors: Batista EA, dos Santos DP, Andrade GF, Sant'Ana AC, Brolo AG, Temperini ML
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Highly controlled surface-enhanced Raman scattering chips using nanoengineered gold blocks.
- Authors: Yokota Y, Ueno K, Misawa H
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 17
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on gold quasi-3D nanostructure and 2D nanohole arrays.
- Authors: Yu Q, Braswell S, Christin B, Xu J, Wallace PM, Gong H, Kaminsky D
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 3
- Fabrication of metallic nanostructures of sub-20 nm with an optimized process of E-beam lithography and lift-off.
- Authors: Yue W, Wang Z, Wang X, Chen L, Yang Y, Chew B, Syed A, Wong KC, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2012 Jan