Thin film transistors for flexible electronics: Contacts, dielectrics and semiconductors
AuthorsQuevedo-López, Manuel Angel Quevedo
Wondmagegn, Wudyalew T.
Alshareef, Husam N.
Gnade, Bruce E.
KAUST DepartmentFunctional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/564392
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe development of low temperature, thin film transistor processes that have enabled flexible displays also present opportunities for flexible electronics and flexible integrated systems. Of particular interest are possible applications in flexible sensor systems for unattended ground sensors, smart medical bandages, electronic ID tags for geo-location, conformal antennas, radiation detectors, etc. In this paper, we review the impact of gate dielectrics, contacts and semiconductor materials on thin film transistors for flexible electronics applications. We present our recent results to fully integrate hybrid complementary metal oxide semiconductors comprising inorganic and organic-based materials. In particular, we demonstrate novel gate dielectric stacks and semiconducting materials. The impact of source and drain contacts on device performance is also discussed. Copyright © 2011 American Scientific Publishers.
PublisherAmerican Scientific Publishers
- Organic transistors with high thermal stability for medical applications.
- Authors: Kuribara K, Wang H, Uchiyama N, Fukuda K, Yokota T, Zschieschang U, Jaye C, Fischer D, Klauk H, Yamamoto T, Takimiya K, Ikeda M, Kuwabara H, Sekitani T, Loo YL, Someya T
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 6
- Mechanical and Electronic Properties of Thin-Film Transistors on Plastic, and Their Integration in Flexible Electronic Applications.
- Authors: Heremans P, Tripathi AK, de Jamblinne de Meux A, Smits EC, Hou B, Pourtois G, Gelinck GH
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Multifunctional Hybrid Multilayer Gate Dielectrics with Tunable Surface Energy for Ultralow-Power Organic and Amorphous Oxide Thin-Film Transistors.
- Authors: Byun HR, You EA, Ha YG
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 1
- High- k Gate Dielectrics for Emerging Flexible and Stretchable Electronics.
- Authors: Wang B, Huang W, Chi L, Al-Hashimi M, Marks TJ, Facchetti A
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 13
- Hybrid gate dielectric materials for unconventional electronic circuitry.
- Authors: Ha YG, Everaerts K, Hersam MC, Marks TJ
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 15