Thin film transistors for flexible electronics: Contacts, dielectrics and semiconductors
AuthorsQuevedo-López, Manuel Angel Quevedo
Wondmagegn, Wudyalew T.
Alshareef, Husam N.
Gnade, Bruce E.
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Functional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/564392
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe development of low temperature, thin film transistor processes that have enabled flexible displays also present opportunities for flexible electronics and flexible integrated systems. Of particular interest are possible applications in flexible sensor systems for unattended ground sensors, smart medical bandages, electronic ID tags for geo-location, conformal antennas, radiation detectors, etc. In this paper, we review the impact of gate dielectrics, contacts and semiconductor materials on thin film transistors for flexible electronics applications. We present our recent results to fully integrate hybrid complementary metal oxide semiconductors comprising inorganic and organic-based materials. In particular, we demonstrate novel gate dielectric stacks and semiconducting materials. The impact of source and drain contacts on device performance is also discussed. Copyright © 2011 American Scientific Publishers.
PublisherAmerican Scientific Publishers
- Organic transistors with high thermal stability for medical applications.
- Authors: Kuribara K, Wang H, Uchiyama N, Fukuda K, Yokota T, Zschieschang U, Jaye C, Fischer D, Klauk H, Yamamoto T, Takimiya K, Ikeda M, Kuwabara H, Sekitani T, Loo YL, Someya T
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 6
- Recent progress in n-channel organic thin-film transistors.
- Authors: Wen Y, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 26
- Self-sorted nanotube networks on polymer dielectrics for low-voltage thin-film transistors.
- Authors: Roberts ME, LeMieux MC, Sokolov AN, Bao Z
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Printable ion-gel gate dielectrics for low-voltage polymer thin-film transistors on plastic.
- Authors: Cho JH, Lee J, Xia Y, Kim B, He Y, Renn MJ, Lodge TP, Frisbie CD
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Interface and gate bias dependence responses of sensing organic thin-film transistors.
- Authors: Tanese MC, Fine D, Dodabalapur A, Torsi L
- Issue date: 2005 Nov 15