Fast and Living Ring-Opening Polymerization of α-Amino Acid N-Carboxyanhydrides Triggered by an "Alliance" of Primary and Secondary Amines at Room Temperature
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel highly efficient strategy, based on an "alliance" of primary and secondary amine initiators, was successfully developed allowing the fast and living ring-opening polymerization (ROP) of α-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides (NCAs) at room temperature. (Chemical Equation Presented). © 2015 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsResearch reported in this publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- From competition to cooperation: a highly efficient strategy towards well-defined (co)polypeptides.
- Authors: Zhao W, Gnanou Y, Hadjichristidis N
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 28
- N-Trimethylsilyl amines for controlled ring-opening polymerization of amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides and facile end group functionalization of polypeptides.
- Authors: Lu H, Cheng J
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 24
- Synthesis of polypeptides by ring-opening polymerization of α-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides.
- Authors: Cheng J, Deming TJ
- Issue date: 2012
- DFT Study on Amine-Mediated Ring-Opening Mechanism of α-Amino Acid N-Carboxyanhydride and N-Substituted Glycine N-Carboxyanhydride: Secondary Amine versus Primary Amine.
- Authors: Liu J, Ling J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 9
- Phenyl Trimethylsilyl Sulfide-Mediated Controlled Ring-Opening Polymerization of α-Amino Acid N-Carboxyanhydrides.
- Authors: Yuan J, Sun Y, Wang J, Lu H
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 14