Fast and Living Ring-Opening Polymerization of α-Amino Acid N-Carboxyanhydrides Triggered by an "Alliance" of Primary and Secondary Amines at Room Temperature
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory
Online Publication Date2015-03-23
Print Publication Date2015-04-13
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/564141
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel highly efficient strategy, based on an "alliance" of primary and secondary amine initiators, was successfully developed allowing the fast and living ring-opening polymerization (ROP) of α-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides (NCAs) at room temperature. (Chemical Equation Presented). © 2015 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsResearch reported in this publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- From competition to cooperation: a highly efficient strategy towards well-defined (co)polypeptides.
- Authors: Zhao W, Gnanou Y, Hadjichristidis N
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 28
- N-Trimethylsilyl amines for controlled ring-opening polymerization of amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides and facile end group functionalization of polypeptides.
- Authors: Lu H, Cheng J
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 24
- Synthesis of polypeptides by ring-opening polymerization of α-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides.
- Authors: Cheng J, Deming TJ
- Issue date: 2012
- Lithium hexamethyldisilazide initiated superfast ring opening polymerization of alpha-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides.
- Authors: Wu Y, Zhang D, Ma P, Zhou R, Hua L, Liu R
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 13
- DFT Study on Amine-Mediated Ring-Opening Mechanism of α-Amino Acid N-Carboxyanhydride and N-Substituted Glycine N-Carboxyanhydride: Secondary Amine versus Primary Amine.
- Authors: Liu J, Ling J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 9