A new species of Fizesereneia Takeda & Tamura, 1980 (Crustacea: Brachyura: Cryptochiridae) from the Red Sea and Oman
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Marine Science Program
Reef Ecology Lab
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new species of cryptochirid crab, Fizesereneia panda van der Meij, is described and illustrated based on specimens collected from the scleractinian corals Lobophyllia cf. hemprichii and L. cf. corymbosa from the Farasan Banks, Farasan Islands, and the reefs off Thuwal in the Saudi Arabian Red Sea, and from Symphyllia recta from reefs in the Gulf of Oman. This is the second cryptochirid species with the Red Sea as type locality. It can be separated from its congeners by the subrectangular carapace, raised midline and the complete division of the carapace depressions, and reddish black colour pattern of these concavities in live specimens. This new species is the seventh assigned to Fizesereneia. A DNA barcode for the new species has been deposited in GenBank. Copyright © 2015 Magnolia Press.
- A new species of Fizesereneia Takeda & Tamura, 1980 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Brachyura: Cryptochiridae) from Japan.
- Authors: Zayasu Y, Nomura K, Seno K, Asakura A
- Issue date: 2013
- Two new species of Palapedia Ng, 1993 (Crustacea, Decapoda, Brachyura,<br />Xanthidae) from the Persian Gulf.
- Authors: Naderloo R
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 31
- A new species of ocellated Xanthias Rathbun, 1897 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Brachyura: Xanthidae) from the Bohol Sea, Philippines.
- Authors: Mendoza JC
- Issue date: 2013
- A new species of freshwater crab of the genus Microthelphusa Pretzmann, 1968 (Crustacea: Brachyura: Pseudothelphusidae) from the Amazon region of Guyana.
- Authors: Pedraza M, Tavares M
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 7