Quest for anionic MOF membranes: Continuous sod -ZMOF membrane with Co2 adsorption-driven selectivity
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
Chemical Science Program
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the fabrication of the first continuous zeolite-like metal-organic framework (ZMOF) thin-film membrane. A pure phase sod-ZMOF, sodalite topology, membrane was grown and supported on a porous alumina substrate using a solvothermal crystallization method. The absence of pinhole defects in the film was confirmed and supported by the occurrence of quantifiable time-lags, for all studied gases, during constant volume/variable pressure permeation tests. For both pure and mixed gas feeds, the sod-ZMOF-1 membrane exhibits favorable permeation selectivity toward carbon dioxide over relevant industrial gases such as H2, N2, and CH4, and it is mainly governed by favorable CO2 adsorption.
SponsorsResearch reported in this publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Unprecedentedly high selective adsorption of gas mixtures in rho zeolite-like metal-organic framework: a molecular simulation study.
- Authors: Babarao R, Jiang J
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 19
- Highly porous ionic rht metal-organic framework for H2 and CO2 storage and separation: a molecular simulation study.
- Authors: Babarao R, Eddaoudi M, Jiang JW
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 6
- Gas adsorption properties of highly porous metal-organic frameworks containing functionalized naphthalene dicarboxylate linkers.
- Authors: Sim J, Yim H, Ko N, Choi SB, Oh Y, Park HJ, Park S, Kim J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 28
- Adsorption of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrogen on an ultramicroporous copper metal-organic framework.
- Authors: Wu X, Yuan B, Bao Z, Deng S
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 15
- Assembly of Zeolite-like Metal-Organic Framework: An Indium-ZMOF Possessing GIS Topology and High CO<sub>2</sub> Capture.
- Authors: Zou L, Sun X, Yuan J, Li G, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 4