Cooperative catalysis with block copolymer micelles: A combinatorial approach
Desyatkin, Victor G.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-01-13
Print Publication Date2015-02-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/564051
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA rapid approach to identifying complementary catalytic groups using combinations of functional polymers is presented. Amphiphilic polymers with "clickable" hydrophobic blocks were used to create a library of functional polymers, each bearing a single functionality. The polymers were combined in water, yielding mixed micelles. As the functional groups were colocalized in the hydrophobic microphase, they could act cooperatively, giving rise to new modes of catalysis. The multipolymer "clumps" were screened for catalytic activity, both in the presence and absence of metal ions. A number of catalyst candidates were identified across a wide range of model reaction types. One of the catalytic systems discovered was used to perform a number of preparative-scale syntheses. Our approach provides easy access to a range of enzyme-inspired cooperative catalysts.
CitationBukhryakov, K. V., Desyatkin, V. G., O’Shea, J.-P., Almahdali, S. R., Solovyeva, V., & Rodionov, V. O. (2015). Cooperative Catalysis With Block Copolymer Micelles: A Combinatorial Approach. ACS Combinatorial Science, 17(2), 76–80. doi:10.1021/co5001713
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalACS Combinatorial Science
- Encapsulating light-emitting polymers in block copolymer micelles.
- Authors: Jung Y, Hickey RJ, Park SJ
- Issue date: 2010 May 18
- Diverse thermoresponsive behaviors of uncharged UCST block copolymer micelles in physiological medium.
- Authors: Zhang H, Tong X, Zhao Y
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 30
- High intensity focused ultrasound responsive metallo-supramolecular block copolymer micelles.
- Authors: Liang B, Tong R, Wang Z, Guo S, Xia H
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 12
- Core crosslinking of biodegradable block copolymer micelles based on poly(ester carbonate).
- Authors: Hu X, Chen X, Wei J, Liu S, Jing X
- Issue date: 2009 May 13
- Single-chain folding of polymers for catalytic systems in water.
- Authors: Terashima T, Mes T, De Greef TF, Gillissen MA, Besenius P, Palmans AR, Meijer EW
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 6