Identification of intrinsic catalytic activity for electrochemical reduction of water molecules to generate hydrogen
KAUST DepartmentCatalysis for Energy Conversion (CatEC)
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563969
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInsufficient hydronium ion activities at near-neutral pH and under unbuffered conditions induce diffusion-limited currents for hydrogen evolution, followed by a reaction with water molecules to generate hydrogen at elevated potentials. The observed constant current behaviors at near neutral pH reflect the intrinsic electrocatalytic reactivity of the metal electrodes for water reduction. This journal is © the Owner Societies.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Near-surface ion distribution and buffer effects during electrochemical reactions.
- Authors: Auinger M, Katsounaros I, Meier JC, Klemm SO, Biedermann PU, Topalov AA, Rohwerder M, Mayrhofer KJ
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 28
- Water oxidation by amorphous cobalt-based oxides: volume activity and proton transfer to electrolyte bases.
- Authors: Klingan K, Ringleb F, Zaharieva I, Heidkamp J, Chernev P, Gonzalez-Flores D, Risch M, Fischer A, Dau H
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Differences in proton-coupled electron-transfer reactions of flavin mononucleotide (FMN) and flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) between buffered and unbuffered aqueous solutions.
- Authors: Tan SL, Kan JM, Webster RD
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 7
- Electrocatalytic activity of nanoporous Pd and Pt: effect of structural features.
- Authors: Shim JH, Kim YS, Kang M, Lee C, Lee Y
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 21
- Electrocatalytic and photocatalytic hydrogen production from acidic and neutral-pH aqueous solutions using iron phosphide nanoparticles.
- Authors: Callejas JF, McEnaney JM, Read CG, Crompton JC, Biacchi AJ, Popczun EJ, Gordon TR, Lewis NS, Schaak RE
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 25