From competition to cooperation: A highly efficient strategy towards well-defined (co)polypeptides
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBy associating primary (slow but controlled ring-opening polymerization; ROP) and tertiary (fast but uncontrolled ROP) amines in the same molecule, a novel highly active organocatalytic system proceeding by an accelerated amine mechanism through monomer activation (AAMMA) and leading to living ROP of α-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides at room temperature was successfully developed. This journal is
SponsorsThis research was financially supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Fast and living ring-opening polymerization of α-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides triggered by an "alliance" of primary and secondary amines at room temperature.
- Authors: Zhao W, Gnanou Y, Hadjichristidis N
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 13
- N-Trimethylsilyl amines for controlled ring-opening polymerization of amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides and facile end group functionalization of polypeptides.
- Authors: Lu H, Cheng J
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 24
- Recent advances in amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides and synthetic polypeptides: chemistry, self-assembly and biological applications.
- Authors: Lu H, Wang J, Song Z, Yin L, Zhang Y, Tang H, Tu C, Lin Y, Cheng J
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 7
- Zn(OAc)₂-Catalyzing Ring-Opening Polymerization of N-Carboxyanhydrides for the Synthesis of Well-Defined Polypeptides.
- Authors: Nie Y, Zhi X, Du H, Yang J
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 26
- Synthesis of polypeptides by ring-opening polymerization of α-amino acid N-carboxyanhydrides.
- Authors: Cheng J, Deming TJ
- Issue date: 2012