KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-11-06
Print Publication Date2014-11-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563870
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhase transitions and phase engineering in two-dimensional MoS2 are important for applications in electronics and energy storage. By in situ transmission electron microscopy, we find that H-MoS2 transforms to T-LiMoS2 at the early stages of lithiation followed by the formation of Mo and Li2S phases. The transition from H-MoS2 to T-LiMoS2 is explained in terms of electron doping and electron - phonon coupling at the conduction band minima. Both are essential for the development of two-dimensional semiconductor-metal contacts based on MoS2 and the usage of MoS2 as anode material in Li ion batteries. (Figure Presented).
CitationCheng, Y., Nie, A., Zhang, Q., Gan, L.-Y., Shahbazian-Yassar, R., & Schwingenschlogl, U. (2014). Origin of the Phase Transition in Lithiated Molybdenum Disulfide. ACS Nano, 8(11), 11447–11453. doi:10.1021/nn505668c
SponsorsResearch reported in this publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Direct Studies on the Lithium-Storage Mechanism of Molybdenum Disulfide.
- Authors: Su Q, Wang S, Feng M, Du G, Xu B
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 4
- Atomic mechanism of dynamic electrochemical lithiation processes of MoS₂ nanosheets.
- Authors: Wang L, Xu Z, Wang W, Bai X
- Issue date: 2014 May 7
- On Valence-Band Splitting in Layered MoS2.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Li H, Wang H, Liu R, Zhang SL, Qiu ZJ
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 25
- Interlayer Coupling Dependent Discrete H → T' Phase Transition in Lithium Intercalated Bilayer Molybdenum Disulfide.
- Authors: Ji X, Ding D, Guan X, Wu C, Qian H, Cao J, Li J, Jin C
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 28
- Effective liquid-phase exfoliation and sodium ion battery application of MoS2 nanosheets.
- Authors: Bang GS, Nam KW, Kim JY, Shin J, Choi JW, Choi SY
- Issue date: 2014 May 28