KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-11-06
Print Publication Date2014-11-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563870
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhase transitions and phase engineering in two-dimensional MoS2 are important for applications in electronics and energy storage. By in situ transmission electron microscopy, we find that H-MoS2 transforms to T-LiMoS2 at the early stages of lithiation followed by the formation of Mo and Li2S phases. The transition from H-MoS2 to T-LiMoS2 is explained in terms of electron doping and electron - phonon coupling at the conduction band minima. Both are essential for the development of two-dimensional semiconductor-metal contacts based on MoS2 and the usage of MoS2 as anode material in Li ion batteries. (Figure Presented).
SponsorsResearch reported in this publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Direct Studies on the Lithium-Storage Mechanism of Molybdenum Disulfide.
- Authors: Su Q, Wang S, Feng M, Du G, Xu B
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 4
- Atomic mechanism of dynamic electrochemical lithiation processes of MoS₂ nanosheets.
- Authors: Wang L, Xu Z, Wang W, Bai X
- Issue date: 2014 May 7
- On Valence-Band Splitting in Layered MoS2.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Li H, Wang H, Liu R, Zhang SL, Qiu ZJ
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 25
- Doping against the native propensity of MoS2: degenerate hole doping by cation substitution.
- Authors: Suh J, Park TE, Lin DY, Fu D, Park J, Jung HJ, Chen Y, Ko C, Jang C, Sun Y, Sinclair R, Chang J, Tongay S, Wu J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 10
- Effective liquid-phase exfoliation and sodium ion battery application of MoS2 nanosheets.
- Authors: Bang GS, Nam KW, Kim JY, Shin J, Choi JW, Choi SY
- Issue date: 2014 May 28