Space-charge-mediated anomalous ferroelectric switching in P(VDF-TrEE) polymer films
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Laboratory of Nano Oxides for Sustainable Energy
Material Science and Engineering Program
Nanofabrication Core Lab
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-10-16
Print Publication Date2014-11-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563857
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report on the switching dynamics of P(VDF-TrEE) copolymer devices and the realization of additional substable ferroelectric states via modulation of the coupling between polarizations and space charges. The space-charge-limited current is revealed to be the dominant leakage mechanism in such organic ferroelectric devices, and electrostatic interactions due to space charges lead to the emergence of anomalous ferroelectric loops. The reliable control of ferroelectric switching in P(VDF-TrEE) copolymers opens doors toward engineering advanced organic memories with tailored switching characteristics.
SponsorsThis work is supported by KAUST.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Ferroelectric-mediated filamentary resistive switching in P(VDF-TrFE)/ZnO nanocomposite films.
- Authors: Kim TY, Anoop G, Son YJ, Kim SH, Lee E, Jo JY
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 13
- Solvent vapor annealing of ferroelectric P(VDF-TrFE) thin films.
- Authors: Hu J, Zhang J, Fu Z, Jiang Y, Ding S, Zhu G
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 22
- Enhanced ferroelectric switching characteristics of P(VDF-TrFE) for organic memory devices.
- Authors: Kusuma DY, Nguyen CA, Lee PS
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 28
- Universal ferroelectric switching dynamics of vinylidene fluoride-trifluoroethylene copolymer films.
- Authors: Hu WJ, Juo DM, You L, Wang J, Chen YC, Chu YH, Wu T
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 24
- Asymmetric polarization and hysteresis behaviour in ferroelectric P(VDF-TrFE) (76 : 24) copolymer thin films spatially resolved via LIMM.
- Authors: Putzeys T, Wübbenhorst M
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 28