AuthorsSevilla, Galo T.
Ghoneim, Mohamed T.
Fahad, Hossain M.
Rojas, Jhonathan Prieto
Hussain, Aftab M.
Hussain, Muhammad Mustafa
KAUST DepartmentIntegrated Nanotechnology Lab
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Online Publication Date2014-09-05
Print Publication Date2014-10-28
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563807
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWith the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT), flexible high-performance nanoscale electronics are more desired. At the moment, FinFET is the most advanced transistor architecture used in the state-of-the-art microprocessors. Therefore, we show a soft-etch based substrate thinning process to transform silicon-on-insulator (SOI) based nanoscale FinFET into flexible FinFET and then conduct comprehensive electrical characterization under various bending conditions to understand its electrical performance. Our study shows that back-etch based substrate thinning process is gentler than traditional abrasive back-grinding process; it can attain ultraflexibility and the electrical characteristics of the flexible nanoscale FinFET show no performance degradation compared to its rigid bulk counterpart indicating its readiness to be used for flexible high-performance electronics.
CitationTorres Sevilla, G. A., Ghoneim, M. T., Fahad, H., Rojas, J. P., Hussain, A. M., & Hussain, M. M. (2014). Flexible Nanoscale High-Performance FinFETs. ACS Nano, 8(10), 9850–9856. doi:10.1021/nn5041608
SponsorsWe acknowledge the support from MUST OCRF Competitive Research Grant: CRG-1-2012-HUS-008 for this work.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Nonplanar Nanoscale Fin Field Effect Transistors on Textile, Paper, Wood, Stone, and Vinyl via Soft Material-Enabled Double-Transfer Printing.
- Authors: Rojas JP, Torres Sevilla GA, Alfaraj N, Ghoneim MT, Kutbee AT, Sridharan A, Hussain MM
- Issue date: 2015 May 26
- Flexible and transparent silicon-on-polymer based sub-20 nm non-planar 3D FinFET for brain-architecture inspired computation.
- Authors: Sevilla GA, Rojas JP, Fahad HM, Hussain AM, Ghanem R, Smith CE, Hussain MM
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Novel 14-nm Scallop-Shaped FinFETs (S-FinFETs) on Bulk-Si Substrate.
- Authors: Xu W, Yin H, Ma X, Hong P, Xu M, Meng L
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Transformational silicon electronics.
- Authors: Rojas JP, Torres Sevilla GA, Ghoneim MT, Inayat SB, Ahmed SM, Hussain AM, Hussain MM
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 25
- Three-Dimensional Nanoscale Mapping of State-of-the-Art Field-Effect Transistors (FinFETs).
- Authors: Parikh P, Senowitz C, Lyons D, Martin I, Prosa TJ, DiBattista M, Devaraj A, Meng YS
- Issue date: 2017 Oct