One-pot synthesis of Au@SiO2 catalysts: A click chemistry approach
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-09-26
Print Publication Date2014-10-13
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563796
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing the copper-catalyzed azide-alkyne cycloaddition "click" reaction, a library of triazole amphiphiles with a variety of functional polar "heads" and hydrophobic or superhydrophobic "tails" was synthesized. The amphiphiles were evaluated for their ability to stabilize small Au nanoparticles, and, at the same time, serve as templates for nanocasting porous SiO2. One of the Au@SiO2 materials thus prepared was found to be a highly active catalyst for the Au nanoparticle-catalyzed regioselective hydroamination of alkynes.
SponsorsSupport from KAUST baseline funding program is acknowledged with thanks.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalACS Combinatorial Science
- Copper Catalysis in Living Systems and In Situ Drug Synthesis.
- Authors: Clavadetscher J, Hoffmann S, Lilienkampf A, Mackay L, Yusop RM, Rider SA, Mullins JJ, Bradley M
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 12
- Stereoselective synthesis of bio-hybrid amphiphiles of coumarin derivatives by Ugi-Mannich triazole randomization using copper catalyzed alkyne azide click chemistry.
- Authors: Pramitha P, Bahulayan D
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 1
- An organocatalytic azide-aldehyde [3+2] cycloaddition: high-yielding regioselective synthesis of 1,4-disubstituted 1,2,3-triazoles.
- Authors: Ramachary DB, Shashank AB, Karthik S
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 22
- α-Azido ketones. Part 7: synthesis of 1,4-disubstituted triazoles by the "click" reaction of various terminal acetylenes with phenacyl azides or α-azidobenzo(hetera)cyclanones.
- Authors: Kónya K, Fekete S, Abrahám A, Patonay T
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Emerging approaches for the synthesis of triazoles: beyond metal-catalyzed and strain-promoted azide-alkyne cycloaddition.
- Authors: Lima CG, Ali A, van Berkel SS, Westermann B, Paixão MW
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 11