Phase decomposition and ordering in Ni-11.3 at.% Ti studied with atom probe tomography
KAUST DepartmentMaterial Science and Engineering Program
Office of the VP
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563723
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe decomposition behavior of Ni-rich Ni-Ti was reassessed using Tomographic Atom Probe (TAP) and Laser Assisted Wide Angle Tomographic Atom Probe. Single crystalline specimens of Ni-11.3at.% Ti were investigated, the states selected from the decomposition path were the metastable γ″ and γ' states introduced on the basis of small-angle neutron scattering (SANS) and the two-phase model for evaluation. The composition values of the precipitates in these states could not be confirmed by APT data as the interface of the ordered precipitates may not be neglected. The present results rather suggest to apply a three-phase model for the interpretation of SANS measurements, in which the width of the interface remains nearly unchanged and the L12 structure close to 3:1 stoichiometry is maintained in the core of the precipitates from the γ″ to the γ' state. © 2014 Elsevier Ltd.
CitationAl-Kassab, T., Kompatscher, M., Kirchheim, R., Kostorz, G., & Schönfeld, B. (2014). Phase decomposition and ordering in Ni-11.3at.% Ti studied with atom probe tomography. Micron, 64, 45–51. doi:10.1016/j.micron.2014.04.004
SponsorsThe authors are grateful to Erwin Fischer for growing the single crystals. This research was supported in part by the Swiss National Science Foundation. T. Al-Kassab would like to appreciate the generous base line funding support by KAUST.
- Evolution of nanoscale clusters in γ' precipitates of a Ni-Al-Ti model alloy.
- Authors: Vogel F, Wanderka N, Balogh Z, Ibrahim M, Stender P, Schmitz G, Fedorova T, Banhart J
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Atom probe tomographic studies of precipitation in Al-0.1Zr-0.1Ti (at.%) alloys.
- Authors: Knipling KE, Dunand DC, Seidman DN
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Atom Probe Microscopy of Strengthening Effects in Alloy 718.
- Authors: Theska F, Ringer SP, Primig S
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Determination of solute site occupancies within γ' precipitates in nickel-base superalloys via orientation-specific atom probe tomography.
- Authors: Meher S, Rojhirunsakool T, Nandwana P, Tiley J, Banerjee R
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- A model Ni-Al-Mo superalloy studied by ultraviolet pulsed-laser-assisted local-electrode atom-probe tomography.
- Authors: Tu Y, Plotnikov EY, Seidman DN
- Issue date: 2015 Apr