Proteomic profiling during the pre-competent to competent transition of the biofouling polychaete Hydroides elegans
KAUST DepartmentBioscience Core Lab
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
KAUST Global Collaborative Research Program
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Integrative Systems Biology Lab
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Online Publication Date2014-09-05
Print Publication Date2014-09-14
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563709
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe polychaete, Hydroides elegans, is a tube-building worm that is widely distributed in tropical and subtropical seas. It is a dominant fouling species and thus a major target organism in antifouling research. Here, the first high-throughput proteomic profiling of pre-competent and competent larvae of H. elegans is reported with the identification of 1,519 and 1,322 proteins, respectively. These proteins were associated with a variety of biological processes. However, a large proportion was involved in energy metabolism, redox homeostasis, and microtubule-based processes. A comparative analysis revealed 21 proteins that were differentially regulated in larvae approaching competency.
SponsorsThis study was supported by a grant (DY125-15-T-02) from the China Ocean Mineral Resources Research and Development Association, an award from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (SA-C0040/UK-C0016), and grants from the Research Grants Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (GRF661611 and GRF662413) to Pei-Yuan Qian.
PublisherInforma UK Limited
- 2D gel-based multiplexed proteomic analysis during larval development and metamorphosis of the biofouling polychaete tubeworm Hydroides elegans.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Sun J, Xiao K, Arellano SM, Thiyagarajan V, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 3
- Characterization and expression of calmodulin gene during larval settlement and metamorphosis of the polychaete Hydroides elegans.
- Authors: Chen ZF, Wang H, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Transcriptome and quantitative proteome analysis reveals molecular processes associated with larval metamorphosis in the polychaete Pseudopolydora vexillosa.
- Authors: Chandramouli KH, Sun J, Mok FS, Liu L, Qiu JW, Ravasi T, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 1
- Involvement of a novel p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in larval metamorphosis of the polychaete Hydroides elegans (Haswell).
- Authors: Wang H, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 15
- Inhibitory effects of a branched-chain fatty acid on larval settlement of the polychaete Hydroides elegans.
- Authors: Xu Y, Li H, Li X, Xiao X, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2009 Jul-Aug