Asymmetric NHC-catalyzed aza-Diels-Alder reactions: Highly enantioselective route to α-amino acid derivatives and DFT calculations
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-07-02
Print Publication Date2014-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563681
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA facile N-heterocyclic carbene catalytic enantioselective aza-Diels-Alder reaction of oxodiazenes with α-chloroaldehydes as dienophile precursors is reported, with excellent enantioselectivity (ee > 99%) and excellent yield (up to 93%). DFT study showed that cis-TSa, formed from a top face approach of oxodiazene to cis-IIa, is the most favorable transition state and is consistent with the experimental observations. © 2014 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsWe thank the NSFC (21302032 and 21373073) and the PCSIRT (IRT 1231) for financial support. G.Z. appreciates a QjanJiang Scholar from Zhejiang Province in China.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
RelationsIs Supplemented By:
- N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC)-catalyzed highly diastereo- and enantioselective oxo-Diels-Alder reactions for synthesis of fused pyrano[2,3-b]indoles.
- Authors: Yang L, Wang F, Chua PJ, Lv Y, Zhong LJ, Zhong G
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 1
- Highly enantioselective [4 + 2] cyclization of chloroaldehydes and 1-azadienes catalyzed by N-heterocyclic carbenes.
- Authors: Jian TY, Sun LH, Ye S
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 14
- Chiral N-heterocyclic carbene catalyzed, enantioselective oxodiene Diels-Alder reactions with low catalyst loadings.
- Authors: He M, Uc GJ, Bode JW
- Issue date: 2006 Nov 29
- β,γ-Regioselective inverse-electron-demand aza-Diels-Alder reactions with α,β-unsaturated aldehydes via dienamine catalysis.
- Authors: Gu J, Ma C, Li QZ, Du W, Chen YC
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 1
- Efficient N-heterocyclic carbene-catalyzed O- to C-acyl transfer.
- Authors: Thomson JE, Rix K, Smith AD
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 17