Dynamics of the NbCl5-catalyzed cycloaddition of propylene oxide and CO2: Assessing the dual role of the nucleophilic co-catalysts
Ghani, Amylia Abdul
Vummaleti, Sai V. C.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563660
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA mechanistic study on the synthesis of propylene carbonate (PC) from CO2 and propylene oxide (PO) catalyzed by NbCl5 and organic nucleophiles such as 4-dimethylaminopyridine (DMAP) or tetra-n-butylammonium bromide (NBu4Br) is reported. A combination of in situ spectroscopic techniques and kinetic studies has been used to provide detailed insight into the reaction mechanism, the formation of intermediates, and interactions between the reaction partners. The results of DFT calculations support the experimental observations and allow us to propose a mechanism for this reaction. © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- On the formation of aliphatic polycarbonates from epoxides with chromium(III) and aluminum(III) metal-salen complexes.
- Authors: Luinstra GA, Haas GR, Molnar F, Bernhart V, Eberhardt R, Rieger B
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 21
- Cooperative Effect of Monopodal Silica-Supported Niobium Complex Pairs Enhancing Catalytic Cyclic Carbonate Production.
- Authors: D'Elia V, Dong H, Rossini AJ, Widdifield CM, Vummaleti SV, Minenkov Y, Poater A, Abou-Hamad E, Pelletier JD, Cavallo L, Emsley L, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 24
- A comprehensive theoretical study on the coupling reaction mechanism of propylene oxide with carbon dioxide catalyzed by copper(I) cyanomethyl.
- Authors: Guo CH, Wu HS, Zhang XM, Song JY, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 18
- A DFT study on the mechanism of the cycloaddition reaction of CO2 to epoxides catalyzed by Zn(salphen) complexes.
- Authors: Castro-Gómez F, Salassa G, Kleij AW, Bo C
- Issue date: 2013 May 10
- Differences in reactivity of epoxides in the copolymerisation with carbon dioxide by zinc-based catalysts: propylene oxide versus cyclohexene oxide.
- Authors: Lehenmeier MW, Bruckmeier C, Klaus S, Dengler JE, Deglmann P, Ott AK, Rieger B
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 1