Highly transparent and UV-resistant superhydrophobic SiO2-coated ZnO nanorod arrays
El Labban, Abdulrahman
Cha, Dong Kyu
Isimjan, Tayirjan T.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Advanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Chemical Science Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHighly transparent and UV-resistant superhydrophobic arrays of SiO 2-coated ZnO nanorods are prepared in a sequence of low-temperature (<150 C) steps on both glass and thin sheets of PET (2 × 2 in. 2), and the superhydrophobic nanocomposite is shown to have minimal impact on solar cell device performance under AM1.5G illumination. Flexible plastics can serve as front cell and backing materials in the manufacture of flexible displays and solar cells. © 2014 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge the financial support of the Office of Competitive Research Funds (OCRF) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) under the "Competitive Research Grant" (CRG) program No. FIC/2010/02. The authors thank the Advanced Imaging and Characterization Laboratories at KAUST for technical support. Y.G. thanks Prof. Boon Ooi and Dr. TienKhee Ng for helpful discussions and useful scientific insights. The authors thank Dr. Clement Cabanetos for providing the PBDTTPD polymer.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
PubMed Central IDPMC3985694
- Superhydrophobic and ultraviolet-blocking cotton textiles.
- Authors: Wang L, Zhang X, Li B, Sun P, Yang J, Xu H, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Flexible cellulose and ZnO hybrid nanocomposite and its UV sensing characteristics.
- Authors: Mun S, Kim HC, Ko HU, Zhai L, Kim JW, Kim J
- Issue date: 2017
- Solution-processed Cu2ZnSnS4 superstrate solar cell using vertically aligned ZnO nanorods.
- Authors: Lee D, Yong K
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 14
- UV-durable superhydrophobic textiles with UV-shielding properties by coating fibers with ZnO/SiO2 core/shell particles.
- Authors: Xue CH, Yin W, Jia ST, Ma JZ
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 14
- Wettability control of a transparent substrate using ZnO nanorods.
- Authors: Choi JH, You X, Chang JH, Ju BK, Pak JJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jul