Synthesis of fluorescent metal nanoparticles in aqueous solution by photochemical reduction
Online Publication Date2014-01-06
Print Publication Date2014-01-31
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563331
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA facile green chemistry approach for the synthesis of sub-5 nm silver and gold nanoparticles is reported. The synthesis was achieved by a photochemical method using tyrosine as the photoreducing agent. The size of the gold and silver nanoparticles was about 3 and 4 nm, respectively. The nanoparticles were characterized using x-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and photoluminescence spectroscopy. Both silver and gold nanoparticles synthesized by this method exhibited fluorescence properties and their use for cell imaging applications has been demonstrated. © 2014 IOP Publishing Ltd.
CitationKshirsagar, P., Sangaru, S. S., Brunetti, V., Malvindi, M. A., & Pompa, P. P. (2014). Synthesis of fluorescent metal nanoparticles in aqueous solution by photochemical reduction. Nanotechnology, 25(4), 045601. doi:10.1088/0957-4484/25/4/045601
- Biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles using Brevibacterium casei.
- Authors: Kalishwaralal K, Deepak V, Ram Kumar Pandian S, Kottaisamy M, BarathmaniKanth S, Kartikeyan B, Gurunathan S
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 1
- Honey mediated green synthesis of silver nanoparticles.
- Authors: Philip D
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Murraya Koenigii leaf-assisted rapid green synthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles.
- Authors: Philip D, Unni C, Aromal SA, Vidhu VK
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Silver nanoparticles to self-assembled films: green synthesis and characterization.
- Authors: Zaheer Z, Rafiuddin
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 1
- Synthesis of silver nanoparticles by using tea leaf extract from Camellia sinensis.
- Authors: Loo YY, Chieng BW, Nishibuchi M, Radu S
- Issue date: 2012