The use of a well-defined surface organometallic complex as a probe molecule: [(≡SiO)Ta<sup>V</sup>Cl<sub>2</sub>Me<sub>2</sub>] shows different isolated silanol sites on the silica surface
Hamieh, Ali Imad Ali
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTaVCl2Me3 reacts with silica(700) and produces two different [(≡SiO)TaVCl2Me2] surface organometallic species, suggesting a heterogeneity of the highly dehydroxylated silica surface, which was studied with a combined experimental and theoretical approach. This journal is © the Partner Organisations 2014.
SponsorsWe acknowledge the generous financial support from KAUST.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Alkane metathesis with the tantalum methylidene [(≡SiO)Ta(═CH2)Me2]/[(≡SiO)2Ta(═CH2)Me] generated from well-defined surface organometallic complex [(≡SiO)Ta(V)Me4].
- Authors: Chen Y, Abou-hamad E, Hamieh A, Hamzaoui B, Emsley L, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 21
- [(≡SiO)Ta(V)Cl2Me2]: a well-defined silica-supported tantalum(V) surface complex as catalyst precursor for the selective cocatalyst-free trimerization of ethylene.
- Authors: Chen Y, Callens E, Abou-Hamad E, Merle N, White AJ, Taoufik M, Copéret C, Le Roux E, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 19
- Successive heterolytic cleavages of H2 achieve N2 splitting on silica-supported tantalum hydrides: a DFT proposed mechanism.
- Authors: Solans-Monfort X, Chow C, Gouré E, Kaya Y, Basset JM, Taoufik M, Quadrelli EA, Eisenstein O
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 2
- Well-Defined Molybdenum Oxo Alkyl Complex Supported on Silica by Surface Organometallic Chemistry: A Highly Active Olefin Metathesis Precatalyst.
- Authors: Merle N, Le Quéméner F, Bouhoute Y, Szeto KC, De Mallmann A, Barman S, Samantaray MK, Delevoye L, Gauvin RM, Taoufik M, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 15
- A well-defined silica-supported tungsten oxo alkylidene is a highly active alkene metathesis catalyst.
- Authors: Conley MP, Mougel V, Peryshkov DV, Forrest WP Jr, Gajan D, Lesage A, Emsley L, Copéret C, Schrock RR
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 26