Double-layered ZnO nanostructures for efficient perovskite solar cells
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Organic Electronics and Photovoltaics Group
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563265
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo date, a single layer of TiO2 or ZnO has been the most successful implementations of any electron transport layer (ETL) in solution-processed perovskite solar cells. In a quest to improve the ETL, we explore a new nanostructured double-layer ZnO film for mesoscopic perovskite-based thin film photovoltaics. This approach yields a maximum power conversion efficiency of 10.35%, which we attribute to the morphology of oxide layer and to faster electron transport. The successful implementation of the low-temperature hydrothermally processed double-layer ZnO film as ETL in perovskite solar cells highlights the opportunities to further improve the efficiencies by focusing on the ETL in this rapidly developing field. This journal is
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF). Part of this work was supported by a Collaborative Research Grant from the Office of Competitive Research Funds at KAUST and by the Career Development SABIC Chair held by AA.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Well-Defined Nanostructured, Single-Crystalline TiO2 Electron Transport Layer for Efficient Planar Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Choi J, Song S, Hörantner MT, Snaith HJ, Park T
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 28
- Ternary Oxides in the TiO<sub>2</sub>-ZnO System as Efficient Electron-Transport Layers for Perovskite Solar Cells with Efficiency over 15.
- Authors: Yin X, Xu Z, Guo Y, Xu P, He M
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 2
- Low-Temperature Modification of ZnO Nanoparticles Film for Electron-Transport Layers in Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Han GS, Shim HW, Lee S, Duff ML, Lee JK
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 9
- Thermal Stability-Enhanced and High-Efficiency Planar Perovskite Solar Cells with Interface Passivation.
- Authors: Zhang W, Xiong J, Jiang L, Wang J, Mei T, Wang X, Gu H, Daoud WA, Li J
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 8
- Low-Temperature Solution-Processed ZnSe Electron Transport Layer for Efficient Planar Perovskite Solar Cells with Negligible Hysteresis and Improved Photostability.
- Authors: Li X, Yang J, Jiang Q, Lai H, Li S, Xin J, Chu W, Hou J
- Issue date: 2018 May 15