Low temperature activation of methane over a zinc-exchanged heteropolyacid as an entry to its selective oxidation to methanol and acetic acid
Hamieh, Ali Imad Ali
KAUST DepartmentAli I. Al-Naimi Petroleum Engineering Research Center (ANPERC)
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563243
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Zn-exchanged heteropolyacid supported onto silica (Zn-HPW/SiO2) activates methane at 25 °C into Zn-methyl. At higher temperatures and with CH4/O2 or CH4/CO2, it gives methanol and acetic acid respectively. This journal is
CitationPatil, U., Saih, Y., Abou-Hamad, E., Hamieh, A., Pelletier, J. D. A., & Basset, J. M. (2014). Low temperature activation of methane over a zinc-exchanged heteropolyacid as an entry to its selective oxidation to methanol and acetic acid. Chem. Commun., 50(82), 12348–12351. doi:10.1039/c4cc04950k
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) for financial support.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Mechanistic insight into the formation of acetic acid from the direct conversion of methane and carbon dioxide on zinc-modified H-ZSM-5 zeolite.
- Authors: Wu JF, Yu SM, Wang WD, Fan YX, Bai S, Zhang CW, Gao Q, Huang J, Wang W
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 11
- Framework Effects on Activation and Functionalisation of Methane in Zinc-Exchanged Zeolites.
- Authors: Shah MA, Raynes S, Apperley DC, Taylor RA
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 2
- Aqueous Au-Pd colloids catalyze selective CH(4) oxidation to CH(3)OH with O(2) under mild conditions.
- Authors: Agarwal N, Freakley SJ, McVicker RU, Althahban SM, Dimitratos N, He Q, Morgan DJ, Jenkins RL, Willock DJ, Taylor SH, Kiely CJ, Hutchings GJ
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 13
- Catalytic, oxidative condensation of CH4 to CH3COOH in one step via CH activation.
- Authors: Periana RA, Mironov O, Taube D, Bhalla G, Jones CJ
- Issue date: 2003 Aug 8
- Direct and Selective Photocatalytic Oxidation of CH(4) to Oxygenates with O(2) on Cocatalysts/ZnO at Room Temperature in Water.
- Authors: Song H, Meng X, Wang S, Zhou W, Wang X, Kako T, Ye J
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 26