Low temperature activation of methane over a zinc-exchanged heteropolyacid as an entry to its selective oxidation to methanol and acetic acid
Hamieh, Ali Imad Ali
KAUST DepartmentAli I. Al-Naimi Petroleum Engineering Research Center (ANPERC)
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563243
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Zn-exchanged heteropolyacid supported onto silica (Zn-HPW/SiO2) activates methane at 25 °C into Zn-methyl. At higher temperatures and with CH4/O2 or CH4/CO2, it gives methanol and acetic acid respectively. This journal is
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) for financial support.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Mechanistic insight into the formation of acetic acid from the direct conversion of methane and carbon dioxide on zinc-modified H-ZSM-5 zeolite.
- Authors: Wu JF, Yu SM, Wang WD, Fan YX, Bai S, Zhang CW, Gao Q, Huang J, Wang W
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 11
- Framework Effects on Activation and Functionalisation of Methane in Zinc-Exchanged Zeolites.
- Authors: Shah MA, Raynes S, Apperley DC, Taylor RA
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 2
- Continuous Partial Oxidation of Methane to Methanol Catalyzed by Diffusion-Paired Copper Dimers in Copper-Exchanged Zeolites.
- Authors: Dinh KT, Sullivan MM, Narsimhan K, Serna P, Meyer RJ, Dincă M, Román-Leshkov Y
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 24
- Aqueous Au-Pd colloids catalyze selective CH<sub>4</sub> oxidation to CH<sub>3</sub>OH with O<sub>2</sub> under mild conditions.
- Authors: Agarwal N, Freakley SJ, McVicker RU, Althahban SM, Dimitratos N, He Q, Morgan DJ, Jenkins RL, Willock DJ, Taylor SH, Kiely CJ, Hutchings GJ
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 13
- Catalytic, oxidative condensation of CH4 to CH3COOH in one step via CH activation.
- Authors: Periana RA, Mironov O, Taube D, Bhalla G, Jones CJ
- Issue date: 2003 Aug 8