Low temperature activation of methane over a zinc-exchanged heteropolyacid as an entry to its selective oxidation to methanol and acetic acid
Hamieh, Ali Imad Ali
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Zn-exchanged heteropolyacid supported onto silica (Zn-HPW/SiO2) activates methane at 25 °C into Zn-methyl. At higher temperatures and with CH4/O2 or CH4/CO2, it gives methanol and acetic acid respectively. This journal is
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) for financial support.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Mechanistic insight into the formation of acetic acid from the direct conversion of methane and carbon dioxide on zinc-modified H-ZSM-5 zeolite.
- Authors: Wu JF, Yu SM, Wang WD, Fan YX, Bai S, Zhang CW, Gao Q, Huang J, Wang W
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 11
- Aqueous Au-Pd colloids catalyze selective CH<sub>4</sub> oxidation to CH<sub>3</sub>OH with O<sub>2</sub> under mild conditions.
- Authors: Agarwal N, Freakley SJ, McVicker RU, Althahban SM, Dimitratos N, He Q, Morgan DJ, Jenkins RL, Willock DJ, Taylor SH, Kiely CJ, Hutchings GJ
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 13
- Isothermal activation of Mo2O5(2+)-ZSM-5 precursors during methane reactions: effects of reaction products on structural evolution and catalytic properties.
- Authors: Lacheen HS, Iglesia E
- Issue date: 2005 Feb 7
- Catalytic, oxidative condensation of CH4 to CH3COOH in one step via CH activation.
- Authors: Periana RA, Mironov O, Taube D, Bhalla G, Jones CJ
- Issue date: 2003 Aug 8
- Effects of O2 and CH4 on presence and activity of the indigenous methanotrophic community in rice field soil.
- Authors: Henckel T, Roslev P, Conrad R
- Issue date: 2000 Dec