Temperature-dependent excitonic photoluminescence of hybrid organometal halide perovskite films
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Laboratory of Nano Oxides for Sustainable Energy
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563239
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOrganometal halide perovskites have recently attracted tremendous attention due to their potential for photovoltaic applications, and they are also considered as promising materials in light emitting and lasing devices. In this work, we investigated in detail the cryogenic steady state photoluminescence properties of a prototypical hybrid perovskite CH3NH3PbI3-xClx. The evolution of the characteristics of two excitonic peaks coincides with the structural phase transition around 160 K. Our results further revealed an exciton binding energy of 62.3 ± 8.9 meV and an optical phonon energy of 25.3 ± 5.2 meV, along with an abnormal blue-shift of the band gap in the high-temperature tetragonal phase. This journal is
CitationWu, K., Bera, A., Ma, C., Du, Y., Yang, Y., Li, L., & Wu, T. (2014). Temperature-dependent excitonic photoluminescence of hybrid organometal halide perovskite films. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 16(41), 22476–22481. doi:10.1039/c4cp03573a
SponsorsThis work is supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Homogeneous Emission Line Broadening in the Organo Lead Halide Perovskite CH3NH3PbI3-xClx.
- Authors: Wehrenfennig C, Liu M, Snaith HJ, Johnston MB, Herz LM
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 17
- Characterization of the influences of morphology on the intrinsic properties of perovskite films by temperature-dependent and time-resolved spectroscopies.
- Authors: Yu M, Yuan S, Wang HY, Zhao JS, Qin Y, Fu LM, Zhang JP, Ai XC
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 28
- Electronic structure of CsPbBr<sub>3-x</sub>Cl<sub>x</sub> perovskites: synthesis, experimental characterization, and DFT simulations.
- Authors: Liashenko TG, Cherotchenko ED, Pushkarev AP, Pakštas V, Naujokaitis A, Khubezhov SA, Polozkov RG, Agapev KB, Zakhidov AA, Shelykh IA, Makarov SV
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 21
- Thermally Activated Exciton Dissociation and Recombination Control the Carrier Dynamics in Organometal Halide Perovskite.
- Authors: Savenije TJ, Ponseca CS Jr, Kunneman L, Abdellah M, Zheng K, Tian Y, Zhu Q, Canton SE, Scheblykin IG, Pullerits T, Yartsev A, Sundström V
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 3
- Temperature-dependent excitonic photoluminescence excited by two-photon absorption in perovskite CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> quantum dots.
- Authors: Wei K, Xu Z, Chen R, Zheng X, Cheng X, Jiang T
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 15