Well-defined mono(η3-allyl)nickel complex MONi(η3-C3H5) (M = Si or Al) grafted onto silica or alumina: A molecularly dispersed nickel precursor for syntheses of supported small size nickel nanoparticles
Anjum, Dalaver H.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Chemical Science Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563214
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPreparing evenly-dispersed small size nickel nanoparticles over inert oxides remains a challenge today. In this context, a versatile method to prepare supported small size nickel nanoparticles (ca. 1-3 nm) with narrow size distribution via a surface organometallic chemistry (SOMC) route is described. The grafted mono(η3-allyl)nickel complexes MONi(η 3-C3H5) (M = Si or Al) as precursors are synthesized and fully characterized by elemental analysis, FTIR spectroscopy and paramagnetic solid-state NMR. © 2014 the Partner Organisations.
SponsorsWe gratefully appreciate Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) for financial support.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- From well-defined Pt(II) surface species to the controlled growth of silica supported Pt nanoparticles.
- Authors: Laurent P, Veyre L, Thieuleux C, Donet S, Copéret C
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 7
- In situ generation of Ni nanoparticles from metal-organic framework precursors and their use for biomass hydrodeoxygenation.
- Authors: Čelič TB, Grilc M, Likozar B, Tušar NN
- Issue date: 2015 May 22
- Ordered mesoporous alumina-supported metal oxides.
- Authors: Morris SM, Fulvio PF, Jaroniec M
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 12
- Steam reforming of glycerol for hydrogen production over supported nickel catalysts on alumina.
- Authors: Choi GY, Kim YC, Moon DJ, Seo G, Park NC
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Efficient and robust reforming catalyst in severe reaction conditions by nanoprecursor reduction in confined space.
- Authors: Dacquin JP, Sellam D, Batiot-Dupeyrat C, Tougerti A, Duprez D, Royer S
- Issue date: 2014 Feb