Direct observation of supported W bis-methylidene from supported W-methyl/methylidyne species
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExtensive solid-state NMR analyses unambiguously determine the formation of silica supported W bis-methylidene methyl species by reaction of the corresponding methyl carbyne with trimethylphosphine or a cyclic olefin. © 2014 the Partner Organisations.
SponsorsThe authors thank Dr Manoja Samantaray and Dr Raju Dey for their contribution in the synthesis of the silica supported W-catalyst. Research leading to these results has received funding from the University of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- WMe6 tamed by silica: ≡Si-O-WMe5 as an efficient, well-defined species for alkane metathesis, leading to the observation of a supported W-methyl/methylidyne species.
- Authors: Samantaray MK, Callens E, Abou-Hamad E, Rossini AJ, Widdifield CM, Dey R, Emsley L, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 22
- Reactions of an amphoteric terminal tungsten methylidyne complex.
- Authors: Enriquez AE, White PS, Templeton JL
- Issue date: 2001 May 30
- Fundamental studies of tungsten alkylidene imido monoalkoxidepyrrolide complexes.
- Authors: Jiang AJ, Simpson JH, Müller P, Schrock RR
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 10
- Infrared spectra and density functional calculations of CH2 = MHX and CH[triple bond]MH2X complexes prepared in reactions of methyl halides with Mo and W atoms.
- Authors: Cho HG, Andrews L
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 14
- Formation and Redox Interconversion of Niobium Methylidene and Methylidyne Complexes.
- Authors: Searles K, Smith KT, Kurogi T, Chen CH, Carroll PJ, Mindiola DJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 1