The liquid phase epitaxy approach for the successful construction of ultra-thin and defect-free ZIF-8 membranes: Pure and mixed gas transport study
Du Plessis, Marike
Barbour, Leonard J.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
Chemical Science Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563175
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe liquid-phase epitaxy (LPE) method was effectively implemented to deliberately grow/construct ultrathin (0.5-1 μm) continuous and defect-free ZIF-8 membranes. Permeation properties of different gas pair systems (O 2-N2, H2-CO2, CO2-CH 4, C3H6-C3H8, CH 4-n-C4H10) were studied using the time lag technique. This journal is © The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), and we also thank Dr Karim Adil for fruitful discussions and help with the crystallographic data.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Tuning the Interplay between Selectivity and Permeability of ZIF-7 Mixed Matrix Membranes.
- Authors: Al-Maythalony BA, Alloush AM, Faizan M, Dafallah H, Elgzoly MAA, Seliman AAA, Al-Ahmed A, Yamani ZH, Habib MAM, Cordova KE, Yaghi OM
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 4
- Aqueous Phase Synthesis of ZIF-8 Membrane with Controllable Location on an Asymmetrically Porous Polymer Substrate.
- Authors: Shamsaei E, Lin X, Low ZX, Abbasi Z, Hu Y, Liu JZ, Wang H
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 9
- Electrophoretic Crystallization of Ultrathin High-performance Metal-organic Framework Membranes.
- Authors: He G, Babu DJ, Agrawal KV
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 16
- A one-dimensional material as a nano-scaffold and a pseudo-seed for facilitated growth of ultrathin, mechanically reinforced molecular sieving membranes.
- Authors: Shamsaei E, Lin X, Wan L, Tong Y, Wang H
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 11
- Bicontinuous zeolitic imidazolate framework ZIF-8@GO membrane with enhanced hydrogen selectivity.
- Authors: Huang A, Liu Q, Wang N, Zhu Y, Caro J
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 22