Multifunctional polypyrrole@fe3o4 nanoparticles for dual-modal imaging and in vivo photothermal cancer therapy
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Nanostructured Functional Materials (NFM) laboratory
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563109
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMagnetic Fe3O4 crystals are produced in situ on preformed polypyrrole (PPY) nanoparticles by rationally converting the residual Fe species in the synthetic system. The obtained PPY@Fe3O4 composite nanoparticles exhibit good photostability and biocompatibility, and they can be used as multifunctional probes for MRI, thermal imaging, and photothermal ablation of cancer cells. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the baseline research fund from King Abdullah University to Yu Han and partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 21271130).
- Spindle-like polypyrrole hollow nanocapsules as multifunctional platforms for highly effective chemo-photothermal combination therapy of cancer cells in vivo.
- Authors: Wang Y, Xiao Y, Tang R
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 8
- Photosensitizer-Conjugated Albumin-Polypyrrole Nanoparticles for Imaging-Guided In Vivo Photodynamic/Photothermal Therapy.
- Authors: Song X, Liang C, Gong H, Chen Q, Wang C, Liu Z
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 26
- Uniform polypyrrole nanoparticles with high photothermal conversion efficiency for photothermal ablation of cancer cells.
- Authors: Zha Z, Yue X, Ren Q, Dai Z
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 6
- Metal-Organic Framework as a Microreactor for in Situ Fabrication of Multifunctional Nanocomposites for Photothermal-Chemotherapy of Tumors in Vivo.
- Authors: Huang J, Li N, Zhang C, Meng Z
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 14
- Encapsulating tantalum oxide into polypyrrole nanoparticles for X-ray CT/photoacoustic bimodal imaging-guided photothermal ablation of cancer.
- Authors: Jin Y, Li Y, Ma X, Zha Z, Shi L, Tian J, Dai Z
- Issue date: 2014 Jul