Size- and shape-controlled synthesis of hexagonal bipyramidal crystals and hollow self-assembled Al-MOF spheres
KAUST DepartmentAnalytical Chemistry Core Lab
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2013-11-25
Print Publication Date2014-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/563102
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report an efficient protocol for the synthesis of monodisperse crystals of an aluminum (Al)-based metal organic framework (MOF) while obtaining excellent control over the size and shape solely by tuning of the reaction parameters without the use of a template or structure-directing agent. The size of the hexagonal crystals of the Al-MOF can be selectively varied from 100 nm to 2000 nm by simply changing the reaction time and temperature via its nucleation-growth mechanism. We also report a self-assembly phenomenon, observed for the first time in case of Al-MOF, whereby hollow spheres of Al-MOF were formed by the spontaneous organization of triangular sheet building blocks. These MOFs showed broad hysteresis loops during the CO2 capture, indicating that the adsorbed CO2 is not immediately desorbed upon decreasing the external pressure and is instead confined within the framework, which allows for the capture and subsequent selective trapping of CO2 from gaseous mixtures. Copyright © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Size- and morphology-controllable synthesis of MIL-96 (Al) by hydrolysis and coordination modulation of dual aluminium source and ligand systems.
- Authors: Liu D, Liu Y, Dai F, Zhao J, Yang K, Liu C
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 7
- Design and preparation of a core-shell metal-organic framework for selective CO2 capture.
- Authors: Li T, Sullivan JE, Rosi NL
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 10
- MOF Crystal Chemistry Paving the Way to Gas Storage Needs: Aluminum-Based soc-MOF for CH4, O2, and CO2 Storage.
- Authors: Alezi D, Belmabkhout Y, Suyetin M, Bhatt PM, Weseliński ŁJ, Solovyeva V, Adil K, Spanopoulos I, Trikalitis PN, Emwas AH, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 21
- Synthesis and integration of Fe-soc-MOF cubes into colloidosomes via a single-step emulsion-based approach.
- Authors: Pang M, Cairns AJ, Liu Y, Belmabkhout Y, Zeng HC, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 17
- Tuning omniphobicity via morphological control of metal-organic framework functionalized surfaces.
- Authors: Tan TT, Reithofer MR, Chen EY, Menon AG, Hor TS, Xu J, Chin JM
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 6