Inferring biological functions of guanylyl cyclases with computational methods
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562963
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA number of studies have shown that functionally related genes are often co-expressed and that computational based co-expression analysis can be used to accurately identify functional relationships between genes and by inference, their encoded proteins. Here we describe how a computational based co-expression analysis can be used to link the function of a specific gene of interest to a defined cellular response. Using a worked example we demonstrate how this methodology is used to link the function of the Arabidopsis Wall-Associated Kinase-Like 10 gene, which encodes a functional guanylyl cyclase, to host responses to pathogens. © Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013.
CitationAlqurashi, M., & Meier, S. (2013). Inferring Biological Functions of Guanylyl Cyclases with Computational Methods. Methods in Molecular Biology, 225–234. doi:10.1007/978-1-62703-441-8_15
JournalMethods in Molecular Biology
- Computational identification of candidate nucleotide cyclases in higher plants.
- Authors: Wong A, Gehring C
- Issue date: 2013
- The Arabidopsis wall associated kinase-like 10 gene encodes a functional guanylyl cyclase and is co-expressed with pathogen defense related genes.
- Authors: Meier S, Ruzvidzo O, Morse M, Donaldson L, Kwezi L, Gehring C
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 26
- A guide to the integrated application of on-line data mining tools for the inference of gene functions at the systems level.
- Authors: Meier S, Gehring C
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Guanylyl cyclase activity in plants?
- Authors: Ashton AR
- Issue date: 2011 May 10
- The Arabidopsis co-expression tool (ACT): a WWW-based tool and database for microarray-based gene expression analysis.
- Authors: Jen CH, Manfield IW, Michalopoulos I, Pinney JW, Willats WG, Gilmartin PM, Westhead DR
- Issue date: 2006 Apr