High temperature thermoelectric properties of strontium titanate thin films with oxygen vacancy and niobium doping
KAUST DepartmentFunctional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2013-07-23
Print Publication Date2013-08-14
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562905
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the evolution of high temperature thermoelectric properties of SrTiO3 thin films doped with Nb and oxygen vacancies. Structure-property relations in this important thermoelectric oxide are elucidated and the variation of transport properties with dopant concentrations is discussed. Oxygen vacancies are incorporated during growth or annealing in Ar/H2 above 800 K. An increase in lattice constant due to the inclusion of Nb and oxygen vacancies is found to result in an increase in carrier density and electrical conductivity with simultaneous decrease in carrier effective mass and Seebeck coefficient. The lattice thermal conductivity at 300 K is found to be 2.22 W m-1 K-1, and the estimated figure of merit is 0.29 at 1000 K. © 2013 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the FIC grant of KAUST, for oxide thermoelectrics. Authors also thank Dr. Alexandre Jacquot, Fraunhofer IPM, Germany for the thermal conductivity measurements.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Study of the thermoelectric properties of lead selenide doped with boron, gallium, indium, or thallium.
- Authors: Zhang Q, Cao F, Lukas K, Liu W, Esfarjani K, Opeil C, Broido D, Parker D, Singh DJ, Chen G, Ren Z
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 24
- Thermoelectric Properties of Indium and Gallium Dually Doped ZnO Thin Films.
- Authors: Tran Nguyen NH, Nguyen TH, Liu YR, Aminzare M, Pham AT, Cho S, Wong DP, Chen KH, Seetawan T, Pham NK, Ta HK, Tran VC, Phan TB
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 14
- Concurrent La and A-Site Vacancy Doping Modulates the Thermoelectric Response of SrTiO<sub>3</sub>: Experimental and Computational Evidence.
- Authors: Azough F, Jackson SS, Ekren D, Freer R, Molinari M, Yeandel SR, Panchmatia PM, Parker SC, Maldonado DH, Kepaptsoglou DM, Ramasse QM
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 6
- Atomic-scale imaging of nanoengineered oxygen vacancy profiles in SrTiO3.
- Authors: Muller DA, Nakagawa N, Ohtomo A, Grazul JL, Hwang HY
- Issue date: 2004 Aug 5
- High thermoelectric properties of n-type AgBiSe2.
- Authors: Pan L, Bérardan D, Dragoe N
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 3