Flexible and semi-transparent thermoelectric energy harvesters from low cost bulk silicon (100)
AuthorsSevilla, Galo T.
Inayat, Salman Bin
Rojas, Jhonathan Prieto
Hussain, Aftab M.
Hussain, Muhammad Mustafa
KAUST DepartmentIntegrated Nanotechnology Lab
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Online Publication Date2013-07-09
Print Publication Date2013-12-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562858
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFlexible and semi-transparent high performance thermoelectric energy harvesters are fabricated on low cost bulk mono-crystalline silicon (100) wafers. The released silicon is only 3.6% as thick as bulk silicon reducing the thermal loss significantly and generating nearly 30% more output power than unpeeled harvesters. This generic batch processing is a pragmatic way of transforming traditional silicon circuitry for extremely deformable high-performance integrated electronics. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationSevilla, G. A. T., Inayat, S. B., Rojas, J. P., Hussain, A. M., & Hussain, M. M. (2013). Flexible and Semi-Transparent Thermoelectric Energy Harvesters from Low Cost Bulk Silicon (100). Small, 9(23), 3916–3921. doi:10.1002/smll.201301025
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge financial support under Baseline Research Funding from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, the Provost Award (to GTS and AH) and the GRP Collaborative Fellow Award (to SI) (GRP-CF-2011-01-S). We also thank Kelly Rader for proof reading the manuscript.
- Spatial Equivalent Circuit Model for Simulation of On-Chip Thermoelectric Harvesters.
- Authors: Lineykin S, Sitbon M, Kuperman A
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 6
- Basic principles for rational design of high-performance nanostructured silicon-based thermoelectric materials.
- Authors: Yang CC, Li S
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 23
- Phonon thermal conductivity suppression of bulk silicon nanowire composites for efficient thermoelectric conversion.
- Authors: Chen TG, Yu P, Chou RH, Pan CL
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 13
- High-thermoelectric performance of nanostructured bismuth antimony telluride bulk alloys.
- Authors: Poudel B, Hao Q, Ma Y, Lan Y, Minnich A, Yu B, Yan X, Wang D, Muto A, Vashaee D, Chen X, Liu J, Dresselhaus MS, Chen G, Ren Z
- Issue date: 2008 May 2
- Bulk and surface structure and high-temperature thermoelectric properties of inverse clathrate-III in the Si-P-Te system.
- Authors: Zaikina JV, Mori T, Kovnir K, Teschner D, Senyshyn A, Schwarz U, Grin Y, Shevelkov AV
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 8