Flexible and semi-transparent thermoelectric energy harvesters from low cost bulk silicon (100)
AuthorsSevilla, Galo T.
Inayat, Salman Bin
Rojas, Jhonathan Prieto
Hussain, Aftab M.
Hussain, Muhammad Mustafa
KAUST DepartmentIntegrated Nanotechnology Lab
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFlexible and semi-transparent high performance thermoelectric energy harvesters are fabricated on low cost bulk mono-crystalline silicon (100) wafers. The released silicon is only 3.6% as thick as bulk silicon reducing the thermal loss significantly and generating nearly 30% more output power than unpeeled harvesters. This generic batch processing is a pragmatic way of transforming traditional silicon circuitry for extremely deformable high-performance integrated electronics. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge financial support under Baseline Research Funding from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, the Provost Award (to GTS and AH) and the GRP Collaborative Fellow Award (to SI) (GRP-CF-2011-01-S). We also thank Kelly Rader for proof reading the manuscript.
- A bulk micromachined lead zinconate titanate cantilever energy harvester with inter-digital IrO(x) electrodes.
- Authors: Park J, Park JY
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Flexible nanocrystal-coated glass fibers for high-performance thermoelectric energy harvesting.
- Authors: Liang D, Yang H, Finefrock SW, Wu Y
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 11
- Basic principles for rational design of high-performance nanostructured silicon-based thermoelectric materials.
- Authors: Yang CC, Li S
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 23
- Flexible transparent and free-standing silicon nanowires paper.
- Authors: Pang C, Cui H, Yang G, Wang C
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 9
- Phonon thermal conductivity suppression of bulk silicon nanowire composites for efficient thermoelectric conversion.
- Authors: Chen TG, Yu P, Chou RH, Pan CL
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 13