Molecular cloning, sequencing and structural studies of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) from Indian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562823
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGranulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a cytokine that is essential for growth and development of progenitors of granulocytes and monocytes/macrophages. In this study, we report molecular cloning, sequencing and characterization of GM-CSF from Indian water buffalo, Bubalus bubalis. In addition, we performed sequence and structural analysis for buffalo GM-CSF. Buffalo GM-CSF has been compared with 17 mammalian GM-CSFs using multiple sequence alignment and phylogenetic tree. Three-dimensional model for buffalo GM-CSF and human receptor complex was built using homology modelling to study cross-reactivity between two species. Detailed analysis was performed to study GM-CSF interface and various interactions at the interface. © 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
SponsorsThe authors thank the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, for the financial assistance to this Project. ST and MHS were SRFs who worked in this project. GP carried out the bioinformatics analysis.
- Molecular cloning and expression of woodchuck granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor.
- Authors: Wu HL, Chen PJ, Lin HK, Lee RS, Lin HL, Liu CJ, Lee PJ, Lee JJ, Chen DS
- Issue date: 2001 Nov
- Molecular assembly of the ternary granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor complex.
- Authors: McClure BJ, Hercus TR, Cambareri BA, Woodcock JM, Bagley CJ, Howlett GJ, Lopez AF
- Issue date: 2003 Feb 15
- Induction of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) expression in bone marrow and fractionated marrow cell populations by interleukin 3 (IL-3): IL-3-mediated positive feedback mechanisms of granulopoiesis.
- Authors: Tsuji T, Sugimoto K, Yanai T, Takashita E, Mori KJ
- Issue date: 1994
- Cloning and sequencing of Indian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) interleukin-3 cDNA.
- Authors: Thennarasu S, Harishankar M, Raj GD
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Interleukin-10 inhibits spontaneous colony-forming unit-granulocyte-macrophage growth from human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by suppression of endogenous granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor release.
- Authors: Oehler L, Foedinger M, Koeller M, Kollars M, Reiter E, Bohle B, Skoupy S, Fritsch G, Lechner K, Geissler K
- Issue date: 1997 Feb 15