Molecular cloning, sequencing and structural studies of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) from Indian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis)
Online Publication Date2013-06-25
Print Publication Date2014-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562823
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGranulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a cytokine that is essential for growth and development of progenitors of granulocytes and monocytes/macrophages. In this study, we report molecular cloning, sequencing and characterization of GM-CSF from Indian water buffalo, Bubalus bubalis. In addition, we performed sequence and structural analysis for buffalo GM-CSF. Buffalo GM-CSF has been compared with 17 mammalian GM-CSFs using multiple sequence alignment and phylogenetic tree. Three-dimensional model for buffalo GM-CSF and human receptor complex was built using homology modelling to study cross-reactivity between two species. Detailed analysis was performed to study GM-CSF interface and various interactions at the interface. © 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
CitationSugumar, T., Pugalenthi, G., Harishankar, M., & Dhinakar Raj, G. (2013). Molecular cloning, sequencing and structural studies of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) from Indian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). International Journal of Immunogenetics, 41(1), 74–80. doi:10.1111/iji.12074
SponsorsThe authors thank the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, for the financial assistance to this Project. ST and MHS were SRFs who worked in this project. GP carried out the bioinformatics analysis.
- Molecular cloning and expression of woodchuck granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor.
- Authors: Wu HL, Chen PJ, Lin HK, Lee RS, Lin HL, Liu CJ, Lee PJ, Lee JJ, Chen DS
- Issue date: 2001 Nov
- Cloning and sequencing of Indian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) interleukin-3 cDNA.
- Authors: Thennarasu S, Harishankar M, Raj GD
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Mechanism of synergy between granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in colony formation from human marrow cells in vitro.
- Authors: Hara H, Namiki M
- Issue date: 1989 Aug
- Activities of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-3 on monocytes.
- Authors: Suzuki H, Katayama N, Ikuta Y, Mukai K, Fujieda A, Mitani H, Araki H, Miyashita H, Hoshino N, Nishikawa H, Nishii K, Minami N, Shiku H
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Novel polymorphisms in UTR and coding region of inducible heat shock protein 70.1 gene in tropically adapted Indian zebu cattle (Bos indicus) and riverine buffalo (Bubalus bubalis).
- Authors: Sodhi M, Mukesh M, Kishore A, Mishra BP, Kataria RS, Joshi BK
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 25