Tunable rare-earth fcu-MOFs: A platform for systematic enhancement of CO2 adsorption energetics and uptake
Al Kordi, Mohamed
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562769
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA series of fcu-MOFs based on rare-earth (RE) metals and linear fluorinated/nonfluorinated, homo/heterofunctional ligands were targeted and synthesized. This particular fcu-MOF platform was selected because of its unique structural characteristics combined with the ability/potential to dictate and regulate its chemical properties (e.g., tuning of the electron-rich RE metal ions and high localized charge density, a property arising from the proximal positioning of polarizing tetrazolate moieties and fluoro-groups that decorate the exposed inner surfaces of the confined conical cavities). These features permitted a systematic gas sorption study to evaluate/elucidate the effects of distinctive parameters on CO2-MOF sorption energetics. Our study supports the importance of the synergistic effect of exposed open metal sites and proximal highly localized charge density toward materials with enhanced CO2 sorption energetics. © 2013 American Chemical Society.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society
- The unique rht-MOF platform, ideal for pinpointing the functionalization and CO2 adsorption relationship.
- Authors: Luebke R, Eubank JF, Cairns AJ, Belmabkhout Y, Wojtas L, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 1
- Thermodynamic screening of metal-substituted MOFs for carbon capture.
- Authors: Koh HS, Rana MK, Hwang J, Siegel DJ
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 7
- Direct calorimetric measurement of enthalpy of adsorption of carbon dioxide on CD-MOF-2, a green metal-organic framework.
- Authors: Wu D, Gassensmith JJ, Gouvêa D, Ushakov S, Stoddart JF, Navrotsky A
- Issue date: 2013 May 8
- Polar group and defect engineering in a metal-organic framework: synergistic promotion of carbon dioxide sorption and conversion.
- Authors: Jiang ZR, Wang H, Hu Y, Lu J, Jiang HL
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Tunable Rare Earth fcu-MOF Platform: Access to Adsorption Kinetics Driven Gas/Vapor Separations via Pore Size Contraction.
- Authors: Xue DX, Belmabkhout Y, Shekhah O, Jiang H, Adil K, Cairns AJ, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 22