Impact of soft annealing on the performance of solution-processed amorphous zinc tin oxide thin-film transistors
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Functional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2013-04-18
Print Publication Date2013-05-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562759
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIt is demonstrated that soft annealing duration strongly affects the performance of solution-processed amorphous zinc tin oxide thin-film transistors. Prolonged soft annealing times are found to induce two important changes in the device: (i) a decrease in zinc tin oxide film thickness, and (ii) an increase in oxygen vacancy concentration. The devices prepared without soft annealing exhibited inferior transistor performances, in comparison to devices in which the active channel layer (zinc tin oxide) was subjected to soft annealing. The highest saturation field-effect mobility - 5.6 cm2 V-1 s-1 with a drain-to-source on-off current ratio (Ion/Ioff) of 2 × 108 - was achieved in the case of devices with 10-min soft-annealed zinc tin oxide thin films as the channel layer. The findings of this work identify soft annealing as a critical parameter for the processing of chemically derived thin-film transistors, and it correlates device performance to the changes in material structure induced by soft annealing. © 2013 American Chemical Society.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Photobias instability of high performance solution processed amorphous zinc tin oxide transistors.
- Authors: Kim YJ, Yang BS, Oh S, Han SJ, Lee HW, Heo J, Jeong JK, Kim HJ
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 24
- Toward an Understanding of Thin-Film Transistor Performance in Solution-Processed Amorphous Zinc Tin Oxide (ZTO) Thin Films.
- Authors: Sanctis S, Koslowski N, Hoffmann R, Guhl C, Erdem E, Weber S, Schneider JJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 28
- Effect of channel layer thickness on the performance of indium-zinc-tin oxide thin film transistors manufactured by inkjet printing.
- Authors: Avis C, Hwang HR, Jang J
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 23
- High Mobility Thin Film Transistors Based on Amorphous Indium Zinc Tin Oxide.
- Authors: Noviyana I, Lestari AD, Putri M, Won MS, Bae JS, Heo YW, Lee HY
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 26
- High-performance transistors based on zinc tin oxides by single spin-coating process.
- Authors: Zhao Y, Duan L, Dong G, Zhang D, Qiao J, Wang L, Qiu Y
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 8