Broadband plasmon induced transparency in terahertz metamaterials
KAUST DepartmentImaging and Characterization Core Lab
Advanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562729
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPlasmon induced transparency (PIT) could be realized in metamaterials via interference between different resonance modes. Within the sharp transparency window, the high dispersion of the medium may lead to remarkable slow light phenomena and an enhanced nonlinear effect. However, the transparency mode is normally localized in a narrow frequency band, which thus restricts many of its applications. Here we present the simulation, implementation, and measurement of a broadband PIT metamaterial functioning in the terahertz regime. By integrating four U-shape resonators around a central bar resonator, a broad transparency window across a frequency range greater than 0.40 THz is obtained, with a central resonance frequency located at 1.01 THz. Such PIT metamaterials are promising candidates for designing slow light devices, highly sensitive sensors, and nonlinear elements operating over a broad frequency range. © 2013 IOP Publishing Ltd.
SponsorsThis work was partially supported by the US National Science Foundation (Grant No. ECCS-1232081), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos 61107053, 61007034, 61028011, and 61138001), the Major National Development Project of Scientific Instruments and Equipment (Grant No. 2011YQ150021), and the Tianjin Sci-Tech Program (Grant No. 11JCYBJC25900).
- Manipulating the plasmon-induced transparency in terahertz metamaterials.
- Authors: Li Z, Ma Y, Huang R, Singh R, Gu J, Tian Z, Han J, Zhang W
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 25
- Broadband plasmon-induced transparency in terahertz metamaterials via constructive interference of electric and magnetic couplings.
- Authors: Wan M, Song Y, Zhang L, Zhou F
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 19
- Subluminal and superluminal terahertz radiation in metamaterials with electromagnetically induced transparency.
- Authors: Bai Z, Hang C, Huang G
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 29
- Sharp Fano resonances in THz metamaterials.
- Authors: Singh R, Al-Naib IA, Koch M, Zhang W
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 28
- General properties of surface modes in binary metal-dielectric metamaterials.
- Authors: Nam SH, Ulin-Avila E, Bartal G, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 6