Bisacenaphthopyrazinoquinoxaline derivatives: Synthesis, physical properties and applications as semiconductors for n-channel field effect transistors
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Chemical Science Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeveral bisacenaphthopyrazinoquinoxaline (BAPQ) based derivatives 1-3 were synthesized by condensation between the acenaphthenequinones and 1,2,4,5-tetraaminobenzene tetrahydrochloride. Their optical, electrochemical and self-assembling properties are tuned by different substituents. Among them, compound 3 possesses a homogeneously distributed low-lying LUMO due to the peripheral substitution with four cyano groups. The corresponding n-channel field effect transistors showed a field effect electron mobility of 5 × 10-3 cm2 V-1 s-1. © 2013 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsThis work was financially supported by the Singapore MOE AcRF grants R-143-000-510-112 and NUS Start Up grant R-143-000-486-133 (C. C.) and KAUST (K.-W. H.).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Antiaromatic characteristic analysis of 1,4-diazapentalene derivatives: a theoretical study.
- Authors: Zheng J, Zhuang X, Qiu L, Xie Y, Wan X, Lan Z
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 23
- Critical role of alkyl chain branching of organic semiconductors in enabling solution-processed N-channel organic thin-film transistors with mobility of up to 3.50 cm² V(-1) s(-1).
- Authors: Zhang F, Hu Y, Schuettfort T, Di CA, Gao X, McNeill CR, Thomsen L, Mannsfeld SC, Yuan W, Sirringhaus H, Zhu D
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 13
- n-Channel semiconductor materials design for organic complementary circuits.
- Authors: Usta H, Facchetti A, Marks TJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 19
- Pyrazine analogues of dipyrrolylquinoxalines.
- Authors: Sessler JL, Pantos GD, Katayev E, Lynch VM
- Issue date: 2003 Oct 30
- High-performance air-stable n-channel organic thin film transistors based on halogenated perylene bisimide semiconductors.
- Authors: Schmidt R, Oh JH, Sun YS, Deppisch M, Krause AM, Radacki K, Braunschweig H, Könemann M, Erk P, Bao Z, Würthner F
- Issue date: 2009 May 6