A facile metal-free "grafting-from" route from acrylamide-based substrate toward complex macromolecular combs
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562520
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh-molecular-weight poly(N,N-dimethylacrylamide-co-acrylamide) was used as a model functional substrate to investigate phosphazene base (t-BuP 4)-promoted metal-free anionic graft polymerization utilizing primary amide moieties as initiating sites. The (co)polymerization of epoxides was proven to be effective, leading to macromolecular combs with side chains being single- or double-graft homopolymer, block copolymer and statistical copolymer. © 2013 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Facile Access to Hydroxy-Functional Core-Shell Microspheres via Grafting of Ethylene Oxide by Anionic Ring-Opening Polymerization.
- Authors: Joso R, Reinicke S, Walther A, Schmalz H, Müller AH, Barner L
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 17
- Graft, Block-Graft and Star-Shaped Copolymers by an in Situ Coupling Reaction.
- Authors: Zhang H, Ruckenstein E
- Issue date: 1998 Jul 28
- Graphene enhances the shape memory of poly (acrylamide-co-acrylic acid) grafted on graphene.
- Authors: Dong J, Ding J, Weng J, Dai L
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 25
- Water-soluble complexes through coulombic interactions between bovine serum albumin and anionic polyelectrolytes grafted with hydrophilic nonionic side chains.
- Authors: Sotiropoulou M, Bokias G, Staikos G
- Issue date: 2005 Jul-Aug
- Novel hydroxyethylcellulose-graft-poly acrylamide copolymer for separation of double-stranded DNA fragments by CE.
- Authors: Yang R, Wang Y, Zhou D
- Issue date: 2007 Sep