KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Computational Electromagnetics Laboratory
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe demonstrate the possibility of cloaking three-dimensional objects at multi-frequencies in the far-infrared part of the spectrum. The proposed cloaking mechanism exploits graphene layers wrapped around the object to be concealed. Graphene layers are doped via a variable external voltage difference permitting continuous tuning of the cloaking frequencies. Particularly, two configurations are investigated: (i) Only one graphene layer is used to suppress the scattering from a dielectric sphere. (ii) Several of these layers biased at different gate voltages are used to achieve a multi-frequency cloak. These frequencies can be set independently. The proposed cloak's functionality is verified by near- and far-field computations. By considering geometry and material parameters that are realizable by practical experiments, we contribute to the development of graphene based plasmonic applications that may find use in disruptive photonic technologies. © 2013 Optical Society of America.
SponsorsCarsten Rockstuhl would like to acknowledge support by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Phona) as well as from the State of Thuringia within the Pro-Excellence program (MeMa).
PublisherThe Optical Society
- Nanoscale dielectric-graphene-dielectric tunable infrared waveguide with ultrahigh refractive indices.
- Authors: Zhu B, Ren G, Zheng S, Lin Z, Jian S
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 15
- Tunable graphene dc superconducting quantum interference device.
- Authors: Girit C, Bouchiat V, Naaman O, Zhang Y, Crommie MF, Zettl A, Siddiqi I
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Mid-infrared plasmon induced transparency in heterogeneous graphene ribbon pairs.
- Authors: Wang L, Cai W, Luo W, Ma Z, Du C, Zhang X, Xu J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 29
- Graphene-based tunable hyperbolic metamaterials and enhanced near-field absorption.
- Authors: Othman MA, Guclu C, Capolino F
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 25
- Excitation of plasmonic waves in graphene by guided-mode resonances.
- Authors: Gao W, Shu J, Qiu C, Xu Q
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 25