Capacitance enhancement of polyaniline coated curved-graphene supercapacitors in a redox-active electrolyte
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Functional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562498
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe show, for the first time, a redox-active electrolyte in combination with a polyaniline-coated curved graphene active material to achieve significant enhancement in the capacitance (36-92% increase) compared to supercapacitors that lack the redox-active contribution from the electrolyte. The supercapacitors based on the redox-active electrolyte also exhibit excellent rate capability and very long cycling performance (>50 000 cycles). This journal is © The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsWe thank the help from Qingxiao Wang for TEM, Dr Mohamed Hedhili for XPS analysis, and Olga Zausalina for the illustration drawing. This work was supported by the KAUST Graduate Fellowship, SABIC Postdoctoral Fellowship and KAUST baseline fund.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Fabrication of graphene/polyaniline composite for high-performance supercapacitor electrode.
- Authors: Li J, Xie H, Li Y, Wang J
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Ultrathin two-dimensional MnO2/graphene hybrid nanostructures for high-performance, flexible planar supercapacitors.
- Authors: Peng L, Peng X, Liu B, Wu C, Xie Y, Yu G
- Issue date: 2013 May 8
- Oriented arrays of polyaniline nanorods grown on graphite nanosheets for an electrochemical supercapacitor.
- Authors: Li Y, Zhao X, Yu P, Zhang Q
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 8
- Flexible all-solid-state asymmetric supercapacitors based on free-standing carbon nanotube/graphene and Mn3O4 nanoparticle/graphene paper electrodes.
- Authors: Gao H, Xiao F, Ching CB, Duan H
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- A reversible redox strategy for SWCNT-based supercapacitors using a high-performance electrolyte.
- Authors: Yu H, Wu J, Lin J, Fan L, Huang M, Lin Y, Li Y, Yu F, Qiu Z
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 4