Tunable graphene antennas for selective enhancement of THz-emission
Lederer, Falk L.
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Preprint Posting Date2012-11-07
Online Publication Date2013-02-06
Print Publication Date2013-02-11
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562479
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper, we will introduce THz graphene antennas that strongly enhance the emission rate of quantum systems at specific frequencies. The tunability of these antennas can be used to selectively enhance individual spectral features. We will show as an example that any weak transition in the spectrum of coronene can become the dominant contribution. This selective and tunable enhancement establishes a new class of graphene-based THz devices, which will find applications in sensors, novel light sources, spectroscopy, and quantum communication devices. © 2013 Optical Society of America.
SponsorsWe thank Karsten Verch (www.karstenverch.com) for his artistic view of the theory in Fig. 1. We also appreciate the professional feedback and further input of the anonymous reviewers to state certain points more clearly. Financial support by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (PhoNa), by the Thuringian State Government (MeMa) and the German Science Foundation (SPP 1391 Ultrafast Nano-optics) is acknowledged.
PublisherThe Optical Society
- Broadband subwavelength imaging using a tunable graphene-lens.
- Authors: Li P, Taubner T
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 27
- Terahertz imaging employing graphene modulator arrays.
- Authors: Sensale-Rodriguez B, Rafique S, Yan R, Zhu M, Protasenko V, Jena D, Liu L, Xing HG
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 28
- Plasmon resonance in individual nanogap electrodes studied using graphene nanoconstrictions as photodetectors.
- Authors: Shi SF, Xu X, Ralph DC, McEuen PL
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 13
- Wide-band frequency-tunable terahertz and infrared detection with graphene.
- Authors: Kawano Y
- Issue date: 2013 May 31
- Detection of deep-subwavelength dielectric layers at terahertz frequencies using semiconductor plasmonic resonators.
- Authors: Berrier A, Albella P, Poyli MA, Ulbricht R, Bonn M, Aizpurua J, Rivas JG
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 27