KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562478
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBODIPY derivatives with one or two benzene units fused at different positions are prepared using novel synthetic methods. The resulting dye 1 shows deep red fluorescence with a large Stokes shift. Dyes 2 and 3 are reported for the first time and 3 exhibits near infrared absorption. The impact of benzannulation at different positions of BODIPY is discussed, and the geometry and electronic structure are studied by DFT calculations. This journal is © 2013 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsJ.W. acknowledges financial support from the SPORE (COY-15-EWI-RCFSA/N197-1), BMRC-NMRC grant (no. 10/1/21/19/642), and IMRE Core funding (IMRE/10-1P0509). K.-W.H. acknowledges financial support from KAUST.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Geometry relaxation-induced large Stokes shift in red-emitting borondipyrromethenes (BODIPY) and applications in fluorescent thiol probes.
- Authors: Chen Y, Zhao J, Guo H, Xie L
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 2
- Near IR emitting BODIPY fluorophores with mega-Stokes shifts.
- Authors: Martin A, Long C, Forster RJ, Keyes TE
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 7
- meso-Ester and carboxylic acid substituted BODIPYs with far-red and near-infrared emission for bioimaging applications.
- Authors: Ni Y, Zeng L, Kang NY, Huang KW, Wang L, Zeng Z, Chang YT, Wu J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 17
- Synthesis and functionalization of asymmetrical benzo-fused BODIPY dyes.
- Authors: Jiao L, Yu C, Liu M, Wu Y, Cong K, Meng T, Wang Y, Hao E
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 3
- Conformation-Restricted Partially and Fully Fused BODIPY Dimers as Highly Stable Near-Infrared Fluorescent Dyes.
- Authors: Wang J, Wu Q, Wang S, Yu C, Li J, Hao E, Wei Y, Mu X, Jiao L
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 6