KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBODIPY derivatives with one or two benzene units fused at different positions are prepared using novel synthetic methods. The resulting dye 1 shows deep red fluorescence with a large Stokes shift. Dyes 2 and 3 are reported for the first time and 3 exhibits near infrared absorption. The impact of benzannulation at different positions of BODIPY is discussed, and the geometry and electronic structure are studied by DFT calculations. This journal is © 2013 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsJ.W. acknowledges financial support from the SPORE (COY-15-EWI-RCFSA/N197-1), BMRC-NMRC grant (no. 10/1/21/19/642), and IMRE Core funding (IMRE/10-1P0509). K.-W.H. acknowledges financial support from KAUST.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Geometry relaxation-induced large Stokes shift in red-emitting borondipyrromethenes (BODIPY) and applications in fluorescent thiol probes.
- Authors: Chen Y, Zhao J, Guo H, Xie L
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 2
- Near IR emitting BODIPY fluorophores with mega-Stokes shifts.
- Authors: Martin A, Long C, Forster RJ, Keyes TE
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 7
- meso-Ester and carboxylic acid substituted BODIPYs with far-red and near-infrared emission for bioimaging applications.
- Authors: Ni Y, Zeng L, Kang NY, Huang KW, Wang L, Zeng Z, Chang YT, Wu J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 17
- Synthesis and functionalization of asymmetrical benzo-fused BODIPY dyes.
- Authors: Jiao L, Yu C, Liu M, Wu Y, Cong K, Meng T, Wang Y, Hao E
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 3
- Conformation-Restricted Partially and Fully Fused BODIPY Dimers as Highly Stable Near-Infrared Fluorescent Dyes.
- Authors: Wang J, Wu Q, Wang S, Yu C, Li J, Hao E, Wei Y, Mu X, Jiao L
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 6