An air-stable copper reagent for nucleophilic trifluoromethylthiolation of aryl halides
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562457
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA series of copper(I) trifluoromethyl thiolate complexes have been synthesized from the reaction of CuF2 with Me3SiCF 3 and S8 (see scheme; Cu red, F green, N blue, S yellow). These air-stable complexes serve as reagents for the efficient conversion of a wide range of aryl halides into the corresponding aryl trifluoromethyl thioethers in excellent yields. Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsWe thank Prof. John Hartwig for useful discussions. The financial support from National Natural Science Foundation of China (21072030) and Fuzhou University (022318) to Z.W. and KAUST to K.-W.H. are acknowledged.
- The trinuclear copper(I) thiolate complexes [Cu3(NGuaS)3](0/1+) and their dimeric variants [Cu6(NGuaS)6](1+/2+/3+) with biomimetic redox properties.
- Authors: Neuba A, Flörke U, Meyer-Klaucke W, Salomone-Stagni M, Bill E, Bothe E, Höfer P, Henkel G
- Issue date: 2011 May 2
- Copper-boxmi complexes as highly enantioselective catalysts for electrophilic trifluoromethylthiolations.
- Authors: Deng QH, Rettenmeier C, Wadepohl H, Gade LH
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 3
- Copper-catalyzed trifluoromethylthiolation of aryl halides with diverse directing groups.
- Authors: Xu J, Mu X, Chen P, Ye J, Liu G
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 1
- A copper(II) thiolate from reductive cleavage of an S-nitrosothiol.
- Authors: Melzer MM, Mossin S, Cardenas AJ, Williams KD, Zhang S, Meyer K, Warren TH
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 20
- Oxidoreductive coupling of thiols with aryl halides catalyzed by copper on iron.
- Authors: Kovács S, Novák Z
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 7