Synthesis of novel 1H-1,2,3-triazole tethered C-5 substituted uracil-isatin conjugates and their cytotoxic evaluation
KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562442
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe present manuscript describes the synthesis of uracil-isatin hybrids via azide-alkyne cycloadditions and their cytotoxic evaluation against three human cancer cell lines viz. HeLa (cervix), MCF-7 (breast) and DU145 (prostate) using MTT assay. The evaluation studies revealed the dependence of cytotoxicity on C-5 substituents of both uracil and isatin as well as the alkyl chain length with compounds 6g and 6k showing IC50 values 18.21 and 13.90 μM respectively against DU145 cell lines. Most of the synthesized conjugates exhibited considerable selectivity against MCF-7 and DU145 cell lines. © 2012 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
SponsorsFinancial assistance from Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi under Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Fellowship (KK) is gratefully acknowledged.
- Azide-alkyne cycloaddition en route to novel 1H-1,2,3-triazole tethered isatin conjugates with in vitro cytotoxic evaluation.
- Authors: Singh P, Sharma P, Anand A, Bedi PM, Kaur T, Saxena AK, Kumar V
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Triazole tethered isatin-coumarin based molecular hybrids as novel antitubulin agents: Design, synthesis, biological investigation and docking studies.
- Authors: Singh H, Singh JV, Gupta MK, Saxena AK, Sharma S, Nepali K, Bedi PMS
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 1
- Synthesis and apoptosis inducing studies of triazole linked 3-benzylidene isatin derivatives.
- Authors: Nagarsenkar A, Guntuku L, Guggilapu SD, K DB, Gannoju S, Naidu VGM, Bathini NB
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 29
- Antiproliferative effects of metal complexes of new isatin hydrazones against HCT116, MCF7 and HELA tumour cell lines.
- Authors: Kandile NG, Mohamed MI, Ismaeel HM
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Discovery of novel isatin-dehydroepiandrosterone conjugates as potential anticancer agents.
- Authors: Ke S, Shi L, Yang Z
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 15