A green approach to ethyl acetate: Quantitative conversion of ethanol through direct dehydrogenation in a Pd-Ag membrane reactor
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Numerical Porous Media SRI Center (NumPor)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPincers do the trick: The conversion of ethanol to ethyl acetate and hydrogen was achieved using a pincer-Ru catalyst in a Pd-Ag membrane reactor. Near quantitative conversions and yields could be achieved without the need for acid or base promoters or hydrogen acceptors (see scheme). © 2012 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsWe are grateful for the generous financial support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Pd-Ag Membrane Coupled to a Two-Zone Fluidized Bed Reactor (TZFBR) for Propane Dehydrogenation on a Pt-Sn/MgAl2O4 Catalyst.
- Authors: Medrano JA, Julián I, Herguido J, Menéndez M
- Issue date: 2013 May 14
- Modeling and simulation of ammonia removal from purge gases of ammonia plants using a catalytic Pd-Ag membrane reactor.
- Authors: Rahimpour MR, Asgari A
- Issue date: 2008 May 1
- Mixture effects during the oxidation of toluene, ethyl acetate and ethanol over a cryptomelane catalyst.
- Authors: Santos VP, Pereira MF, Órfão JJ, Figueiredo JL
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 30
- Production of ultra highly pure H2 and higher hydrocarbons from methane in one step at mild temperatures and development of the catalyst under non-equilibrium reaction conditions.
- Authors: Wang L, Murata K, Sayari A, Grandjean B, Inaba M
- Issue date: 2001 Oct 7
- Microfabricated reactors for on-chip heterogeneous catalysis.
- Authors: McCreedy T, Wilson NG
- Issue date: 2001 Jan