A green approach to ethyl acetate: Quantitative conversion of ethanol through direct dehydrogenation in a Pd-Ag membrane reactor
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Engineering Program
Chemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Numerical Porous Media SRI Center (NumPor)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2012-11-07
Print Publication Date2012-12-07
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562403
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPincers do the trick: The conversion of ethanol to ethyl acetate and hydrogen was achieved using a pincer-Ru catalyst in a Pd-Ag membrane reactor. Near quantitative conversions and yields could be achieved without the need for acid or base promoters or hydrogen acceptors (see scheme). © 2012 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsWe are grateful for the generous financial support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Pd-Ag Membrane Coupled to a Two-Zone Fluidized Bed Reactor (TZFBR) for Propane Dehydrogenation on a Pt-Sn/MgAl2O4 Catalyst.
- Authors: Medrano JA, Julián I, Herguido J, Menéndez M
- Issue date: 2013 May 14
- Modeling and simulation of ammonia removal from purge gases of ammonia plants using a catalytic Pd-Ag membrane reactor.
- Authors: Rahimpour MR, Asgari A
- Issue date: 2008 May 1
- Mixture effects during the oxidation of toluene, ethyl acetate and ethanol over a cryptomelane catalyst.
- Authors: Santos VP, Pereira MF, Órfão JJ, Figueiredo JL
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 30
- Direct synthesis of ethanol from dimethyl ether and syngas over combined H-Mordenite and Cu/ZnO catalysts.
- Authors: Li X, San X, Zhang Y, Ichii T, Meng M, Tan Y, Tsubaki N
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 25
- Pincer and diamine Ru and Os diphosphane complexes as efficient catalysts for the dehydrogenation of alcohols to ketones.
- Authors: Baratta W, Bossi G, Putignano E, Rigo P
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 14