[(≢SiO)TaVCl2Me2]: A well-defined silica-supported tantalum(V) surface complex as catalyst precursor for the selective cocatalyst-free trimerization of ethylene
White, Andrew J P
Le Roux, Erwan
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOn the surface of it: In the absence of co-catalyst, a well-defined silica-supported surface organometallic complex [(≢SiO)Ta VCl2Me2] selectively catalyzes the oligomerization of ethylene. The use of surface organometallic species allows three different pathways to be determined for the reduction of TaV to TaIII species under pressure of ethylene. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsWe are indebted to Prof. Lyndon Emsley for his enthusiastic discussion and suggestions. The work is supported by KAUST and SABIC.
Is Supplemented ByChen, Y., Callens, E., Abou-Hamad, E., Merle, N., White, A. J. P., Taoufik, M., … Basset, J.-M. (2013). CCDC 870534: Experimental Crystal Structure Determination [Data set]. Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre. https://doi.org/10.5517/ccy6vrq
- Alkane metathesis with the tantalum methylidene [(≡SiO)Ta(═CH2)Me2]/[(≡SiO)2Ta(═CH2)Me] generated from well-defined surface organometallic complex [(≡SiO)Ta(V)Me4].
- Authors: Chen Y, Abou-hamad E, Hamieh A, Hamzaoui B, Emsley L, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 21
- The use of a well-defined surface organometallic complex as a probe molecule: [(≡SiO)Ta(V)Cl2Me2] shows different isolated silanol sites on the silica surface.
- Authors: Chen Y, Zheng B, Abou-Hamad E, Hamieh A, Hamzaoui B, Huang KW, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 11
- Successive heterolytic cleavages of H2 achieve N2 splitting on silica-supported tantalum hydrides: a DFT proposed mechanism.
- Authors: Solans-Monfort X, Chow C, Gouré E, Kaya Y, Basset JM, Taoufik M, Quadrelli EA, Eisenstein O
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 2
- New tantalum ligand-free catalyst system for highly selective trimerization of ethylene affording 1-hexene: new evidence of a metallacycle mechanism.
- Authors: Arteaga-Müller R, Tsurugi H, Saito T, Yanagawa M, Oda S, Mashima K
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 22
- A well-defined silica-supported tungsten oxo alkylidene is a highly active alkene metathesis catalyst.
- Authors: Conley MP, Mougel V, Peryshkov DV, Forrest WP Jr, Gajan D, Lesage A, Emsley L, Copéret C, Schrock RR
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 26